Cant lock the boot

skerr406

Advanced Member
Hey guys

Wonder if anyone can shed any light on this.

When im locking my car i can only lock the specific door i put the key into.... for example..

when i lock the driver door (witgh the key) it only locks the driver door... doesnt lock the passanger side or the boot.

HOWEVER...

when the car is turned on i can lock the entire car (boot and all) from the inside using the switch. does anyone have any ideas as to whats causing this? should i call honda?

jay82

Advanced Member
what alarm do you have. could of been a bad fitting. could be a fuse aswell

skerr406

Advanced Member
jay82 said:
to be honest.. i dont know if its got an alarm.. do they come fitted standard??

iv just been out and checked the fuse box... as per the manual... (i found the table of contents for the fuse via diagram) it was all in jap but found the locks and the fuses are fine.

im concerned this is a bigger problem with outside locking than i first thought...

jay82

Advanced Member
skerr406 said:
jay82 said:
to be honest.. i dont know if its got an alarm.. do they come fitted standard??

iv just been out and checked the fuse box... as per the manual... (i found the table of contents for the fuse via diagram) it was all in jap but found the locks and the fuses are fine.

im concerned this is a bigger problem with outside locking than i first thought...
the pre face lift doesn't have a alarm standard but you would of needed one to be fitted for your mot.
check all the plugs to lock on the boot latch :?:
the only other thing i could suggest is bring it to garge

skerr406

Advanced Member
think itl need to be a garage job to be honest.

the latches are all fine and the car totally locks when flicking the lock switch whilst inside the car.

skerr406

Advanced Member
i have indeedy....

this isnt the kind of product that is wear and tear?? so they wont argue that it needs to be covered by warranty?

whats your thoughts?

shauny

Not wear and tear.The locks on and car should last the life time.

I claimed for my 02 sensor (£250) took me a long time to agree whith them on it but they paid up.

skerr406

Advanced Member
they paid the full thing aye?

sweet well ill take it to honda, its 40 quid for them just to look at it so ill keep you posted on the situation matey!