Can't polish a turd

JChilton92

Got a silver Honda Logo and I gave it a right good polish today. What a waste of time that was! It does not look in any way polished! I can't remember the name of the stuff I used, something beginning with 'z'?

The paint work down the driver's side looks like the previous owner washed it with a Brillo pad, it seems no matter how much elbow grease, or polish I use, the scratched do not get better.

Can anyone recommend some decent polish for silver please?

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
You need something aggressive than polish. It could do with a machine polish with something like megs ultimate compound.<br /><br />Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk<br /><br />

Paul J Smith

JChilton92 said:
Got a silver Honda Logo and I gave it a right good polish today. What a waste of time that was! It does not look in any way polished! I can't remember the name of the stuff I used, something beginning with 'z'?

The paint work down the driver's side looks like the previous owner washed it with a Brillo pad, it seems no matter how much elbow grease, or polish I use, the scratched do not get better.

Can anyone recommend some decent polish for silver please?
Where about in the country are you mate ?

Was it Zymol ?

If you are doing it by hand you need to use a polish with a higher cut, something like G-Techniq P1 on Honda paint is superb.

Failing that, you will need a machine polish with an orbital or rotary.

Many people will go for an orbital as it's the safer choice, a rotary on a finishing pad is all you need with most Honda paints.