Car bogging down under acceleration! Help! (Now Fixed!!!)

Marpol

Advanced Member
This problem started with the car taking longer and longer to start up, battery is 6 months old and has plenty of charge.
Its not struggling to turn over but just takes an age to fire into life!

Now when accelerating or even just trying to maintain a certain speed there is a massive drop in power and the car just bogs down!

Ive replaced the spark plugs and checked the air filter is all clean

After an extensive search on the forum I came to the conclusion that it could well be the primary oxygen sensor, so forked out £190 for a new one from Dave at Steels Honda but this has made no difference what so ever!

The cars my daily drive and Im at a loss as to what this could be and theres no eml on the dash.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Marpol

Advanced Member
Its done 33,000 miles and tends to happen more at lower speeds, ie pulling out of junctions, roundabouts etc although it was struggling a bit on the motorway today!

Marpol

Advanced Member
All fixed and im chuffed to bits! :xgrin:

The fuel pump assembly had indeed separated from the fuel filter and was floating around in the tank!
This had pulled on one of the fuel lines and put a split in it so some of the fuel was just going back into the tank and not the engine!

Have replaced it with a bit of hose for now until I buy a new filter which comes with replacement hoses.