Car Comparison.

Tiger_kpt

Advanced Member
Bit of a general question really.

I have read a few comparisons between our DC5's and the DC2's.

But...

How do our DC5's compare in a both the straight line and around the twisties categories to the following vehicles...

Impreza STi/WRX
Evolution

Above models circa the basic 2002 models available at that time.

And...

Focus RS
Astra VXR
Golf GTi 30th Anniversary
Civic Type R - EP3

Sorry if that is a bit generalized.

Tiger_kpt

Advanced Member
Well that's obvious. LOL

In this case, say...

The Stig. LOL.

Seriously... if driver wasn't a variable.

redcap

Advanced Member
Test drive them all and pick which is right for you. It's hard to compare them.

Tiger_kpt

Advanced Member
Eh? I have a DC5...

Just wondering how we would compare to the rest of them down a drag strip or around a track... if the odds (driver, etc) were even.

celox performance

Advanced Member
I've done a lot of track days with Imprezzas, Evos and the like so I can give you a good comparison, but are you talking about a standard DC5 vs Evo/Scooby etc or a modified DC5 vs modified Evo/Scooby?

If you're talking modified then my DC5's running 245bhp and i've only been overtaken by 1 scooby which was running over 450bhp and was around 2-3 seconds a lap quicker than my DC5 :shock: I know i'm not going to be popular when I say this, but i'd never buy a Scooby myself. They're far too common and overated in my opinion and it's very rare that you see a fast one on the track, I usually overtake them with ease on a track. They can be fast in a straight line and usually quicker than my DC5, but give them bends and they're no match :D . Make no mistakes, the DC5 is a very capable car and can give faster, more expensive cars a good run for their money. I went for a track day last Saturday and played with a Porche Carrera RSR and it took him 3 laps before he could distance himself 2-3 cars lengths from me.

Civics are easy targets and they get lost in my rear view mirror round the fast corners :lol:

phil r

Advanced Member
car comparison

nothing in it in a staight line & on the level but as soon as slight incline the dc5 takes over & that is by experiance & the 5 was standard & more loaded than the 2 & both pretty standard the dc2 had cat back & induction & the dc5 just had a catback, the dc2 wasa 96 jdm by the way :wink:

mardon

Thats interesting stuff celox.

A little off topic. When i've done track days in my car (with no LSD) when it understeers the whole car tends to wash out at the same time and has to be corrected. With the LSD on the DC5 does the rear drift out before the front end due to having more grip (which will help turn in)? Just trying to get a feel for how the car will feel to drive hard on track when I get mine.

When going head to head in a strait line against a AWD wont the DC5 be at an advantage due to less power loss through the drivetrain?

luffy

Advanced Member
i had a 2002 bug eye impreza running arround 260hp. I was expecting really good handling out of it and blistering pace....i got it but...

In my experience the handling was good and responsive at lower speeds but not that great over 50mph and the whole car had a lot of body roll as well.

The acceleration was good off the line but by 120 mph ish it just compltely faded out and it really struggled at that speed. The DC5 however has AWSOME handling for a FWD car and the acceleration does not slow down, the power is always there. It's fair to say that i would destroy my old scooby on a track.

Now lets start with economy....... :D

jonster

Advanced Member
I was going to reply to this post with pretty much the same words as celox having had a similar experience. It's usually only a RS Porker of some sort or any mid to high powered Caterfield that pass me. Nothing much else does. My Teg has been modified also, for some time now, so it's hard to recall what it was light stock. What I do remember is despite the good Brembos I feel the weight of the stock wheels kill the cars stopping and cornering ability.

logik

Advanced Member
celox performance said:
I've done a lot of track days with Imprezzas, Evos and the like so I can give you a good comparison, but are you talking about a standard DC5 vs Evo/Scooby etc or a modified DC5 vs modified Evo/Scooby?

If you're talking modified then my DC5's running 245bhp and i've only been overtaken by 1 scooby which was running over 450bhp and was around 2-3 seconds a lap quicker than my DC5 :shock: I know i'm not going to be popular when I say this, but i'd never buy a Scooby myself. They're far too common and overated in my opinion and it's very rare that you see a fast one on the track, I usually overtake them with ease on a track. They can be fast in a straight line and usually quicker than my DC5, but give them bends and they're no match :D . Make no mistakes, the DC5 is a very capable car and can give faster, more expensive cars a good run for their money. I went for a track day last Saturday and played with a Porche Carrera RSR and it took him 3 laps before he could distance himself 2-3 cars lengths from me.

Civics are easy targets and they get lost in my rear view mirror round the fast corners :lol:
Nice mate, must be a great feeling taking on a Porche when the value of the cars is sooo far apart.

celox performance

Advanced Member
It is mate :D

I think the Porche costs around 90k. I had to presume it was standard but it may have been modified. The track day I went to last Saturday was with the Liverpool Motor Club which i'm a member of and I went in the 'Expert' group which is the highest group there is. Every driver in that group has to be capable of very high driving standards so I know that his driving would have been alright.