Car cover

Josh16v

Advanced Member
I got a universal one of ebay, think it was about £50.
Fitment is alright, bit baggy on the bumpers. I just tie some string around it and it stays on pretty well :)(

David Fox

Advanced Member
Search Google for Stormforce. I got a luxury one (3 layers) priced at £152.95 + £7.98 carriage by FedEx.

Give them a ring on 01744 633985 quoting 537 (thats for what I requested), or email uksales@cover-zone.com. Ask to speak to John, I dealt with him. Dimensions for the cover were from this site. You might want to ask for the rear of the cover to be slightly longer, to compensate for the spoiler on the car, but mine fits very well, if very snug at the rear. I would put a picture up but I'm about 4000 miles away from my car.

You can get cheaper ones from them as well, depending on what you want. Recommended company.

ladykb

Advanced Member
Hi I got one for £60-£70 http://www.coveryourcar.co.uk/ they are not universal they ask for your car model, just make sure they know its a DC5 with the high spolier because the first one they sent was for a DC2 and it didnt reach the floor at the back. They were brilliant though i measured the back and within a couple days they sent me this one which is a perfect fit wing mirrors and all (as long as the mirrors are retracted). It also comes with straps and clips to secure under the car.

Actually this is called 'Voyager' and its seems the above recommendation for 'StormForce' is also by this company but the next model up.

David Fox

Advanced Member
Ladykb, you are indeed correct, I went for the upper class version of yours! But you recommended me this company, and they were very efficient in getting the cover completed.

Modmedia

Advanced Member
These things will scratch/swirl your paint. I may not be the most knowledgeable person on this forum when it comes to these cars but detailing is my speciality and trust me these things are bad news unless your car is spotless every single time
You use it. And even then I still wouldn't risk it...

ladykb

Advanced Member
These things will scratch/swirl your paint. I may not be the most knowledgeable person on this forum when it comes to these cars but detailing is my speciality and trust me these things are bad news unless your car is spotless every single time
You use it. And even then I still wouldn't risk it...

To be honest i have not used mine for months its in my boot.... the reason i got mine in the first place was rogue crows attacking my car every night and ripping the wipers off etc.... but since the crows have stopped attacking i dont use the cover.. I did notice swirls so think id agree with you

Modmedia

Advanced Member
To be honest i have not used mine for months its in my boot.... the reason i got mine in the first place was rogue crows attacking my car every night and ripping the wipers off etc.... but since the crows have stopped attacking i dont use the cover.. I did notice swirls so think id agree with you
It really is a shame because our garage is always occupied and I can never get the Teg into it so a car cover seemed a great idea. Research proved that none of them are great at preventing damage.

David Fox

Advanced Member
I have never had a scratch/swirl on my paintwork from any car cover. Check the Stormforce one out from the website, its pretty well protected.

Josh16v

Advanced Member
You have to make sure the car is clean and dry before it goes on. I do mine about an hour after its been washed.
No point putting it on if the car is dirty / dusty, otherwise it will just rub on the dirt and scratch the paintwork.

Only bad comment I have, is during the bad wind a few months ago, mine came unsecured and rubbed on the spoiler a little

David Fox

Advanced Member
The Stormforce one I bought comes with clips so you can keep it secured for a windy situation - even the clips are designed so they don't come into contact with the body work.. And it goes without saying about cleaning it before you cover it. Some people will scoff at the idea of a cover, but all depends on where you live etc. If like me, you live on the coast where seagulls empty there bowels for fun on all cars (I'm sure they know what they are doing) then a cover is vital. If you worry about swirl marks or scratches, then go without. But as said before, I have never had a car cover scratch my car or be the cause of a swirl mark.

karlh22

Thanks for the replys and advice. May seen if I can squeeze into the garage then. Don't fancy any sort of damage.