Car crashed :( Photos added

firthy22

Advanced Member
On my way to work this morning and hit a excrement load of water about 12" deep. Was doing about 45mph and didn't see the flood due to car with HID's coming in the opposite direction, consequently I got sucked into the low grass bank and ran along it until the car hit something sticking out which sent me into the brick wall on the opposite side of the road.

Airbag didn't go off and I'm absolutely fine but even at 15/20mph it's surprising how much damage there is to the front of the car. Headlight smashed, wing pushed back and wheel catching on it, and front bumper screwed I reckon.

Hopefully will get it back on the road, even if it's written off will buy it back and get it fixed up, obviously depending on the damage.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Oh dear, not good :( Glad you OK though mate, that's the most important thing!

Did anyone stop!?

firthy22

Advanced Member
Oh dear, not good :( Glad you OK though mate, that's the most important thing!

Did anyone stop!?
Ye 2 people stopped and helped me push it off the road into a layby and then someone from work came out to pick me up. Just a pity I couldn't get a phone signal and had to walk for a mile to get a signal in the rain so got soaking wet to boot as coat isn't waterprooof :(

I'm obviously gutted but grateful to come out of it without so much as a bruise.

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Unlucky my friend. Sad to hear things like this but really glad you came out of it ok. I'm sure you will get her on the road again in no time!

tico_87

Advanced Member
Sorry to hear about your accident. What matters is your fine. Cars can be fixed replaced.

RE Spirit

Parts Trader
Sorry to hear this! my car was hit twice in 5 minutes but the damage isn't as much as yours.

Like everyone else said, most important thing is your ok!

I'm sure you'll be back on the road in no time :)

mario_v

Advanced Member
gutted for you firth! like the lads have said though, at least your in one piece!! on the upper hand.... while its off the road its a good excuse to up-grade a few bits! :)

firthy22

Advanced Member
Good news. Body shop said it will be repairable. BC bonnet can be saved so new wing, bumper and headlight should just about do it with some straightening and tweeking.

Thanks for the comments, feeling much better about it now. Not much to upgrade on it but I will come out of it with new shiney headlights and no stone chips.

Had a good look at the water when we collectedx the car just now and a local government bod was clearing the blocked drain that had caused the flood, which is part of the problem as I've driven that way for 3 years and never seen standing water there before, so just bad luck, blocked drain and car with HID lights coming towards me at the wrong time.

Water was about 18" deep so I guess, with my car being so low, I sort of floated and not just aquaplaned :(

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Sorry to hear this. No stone chips is a plus side. :xyes: but glad thats all it is. Very lucky the both of you, is the lip ok??

Benny-coupe

Advanced Member
Aww dude , I've had two incidents like this and the shock is horrible when you rush out to see the damage
Then all the stuff that's going on in your head
However the upside is a half a year from now it will feel like this never even happened
But with regards to the car itself get some photos up
I hope the mechanicals are ok
I Love your teg as well and it would be a shame not to bring it back to life
One other good thing is with parts becoming Easyer to source this could be a great opportunity to upgrade parts while replacing
Also make sure the bodyshop it goes to are the nuts
As a bad repair will make the car lose so much value
Rather than it looking factory standards again by a professional garage
Keep us posted, and don't beat yourself up over this
Sh8te happens

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Good news. Body shop said it will be repairable. BC bonnet can be saved so new wing, bumper and headlight should just about do it with some straightening and tweeking.

Thanks for the comments, feeling much better about it now. Not much to upgrade on it but I will come out of it with new shiney headlights and no stone chips.
Nice one! That's good news, every cloud has a silver lining :)

Bonnet faired OK you say? see, that's because it was mine... LOL, lucky :D

jasondc55

Advanced Member
Glad your ok buddy only one thing worse than your pride and joy getting messed up and thats your health . On a brighter note your car still lives and the love is still there and after helping ollydc5 break his track slayer this is good news and makes me smile.

jdmsteve

Advanced Member
Really sorry to hear the bad news buddy. Like everyone has already said your ok that's the main thing. Im sure you'll have the Teg back to its best in no time.
Ready for some more abuse at japfest no doubt :)

coolerking

Advanced Member
Gutted to hear this kev, glad your ok though, when my engine went it thought spend money to be where i was again, or spend some more and have a better car, like others say its a great time tp upgrade the car.