Car got hit at work :( New bumper needed. What to do next?

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
Luckily our security department witnessed the incident so the women handed over all her details and then security got in contact with me.

So far I've contacted her insurance and I just got told that's all I need to do now, somebody will be in touch within 3-5 days? Do I need to ring my insurance? Who does the repair, will I get a new bumper or a repair? A new C-West bumper is gonna cost a bomb!?

Unfortunately the bumper is hanging off with all clips broken on BOTH sides and the canard on pass side is snapped so is unsafe to drive but I need a car for work (this is my daily..) as I start easier than the Metro's start :( How do I go about getting a courtesy car or anything? I've had to call on a mate tomorrow to save me a £30 taxi ride into Newcastle.

Most of you will be happy to know I'm thinking of going OEM front bumper as it'll be easier and faster to source, and then getting some OEM skirts to go with it..

G Man

Advanced Member
Yes, inform your insurance. Is the C-West bumper declared on your insurance?

As it looks I'd still drive it, is the C-West not bolted on top just like OEM?

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
Ok will ring them tomorrow (Greenlight)

Yea all mods are declared on insurance

Yea it's bolted on top like oem but it's now missing 2 of the push in thumb clip things and I don't have any :( (not for when I need them 5am tomorrow morning anyway)

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
I was hoping I wasn't gonna have to tape the bumper up :xaiweb4: Gonna look so bad!

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
Can`t think of the name Liam but who is that company you`re supposed to ring (before your insurers) if you have an accident and its not your fault..one of my staff had the same problem(although obviously not a `Teg) and they were great ...she had a courtesy car brought to her door and had it for about 10 days while they fixed it,everything was paid for and she paid nothing,not even her excess.

Ezza

Advanced Member
If you cover has courtesy car then this should be sorted. I would find a garage you trust and tell insurance company you would like to have it repair at garage xyz.

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Surely that can be plastic welded back together??!

Hope you get it sorted though. Good that she is so compliant.

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
If it comes to a repair I am hoping I can take it to the guys I used to respray my Celica but if I'm honest I might use this as an excuse to get a fresh new OEM front bumper

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
May be waiting a long time for a fresh brand new standard bumper buddy, I have heard stories where insurance companies have written the car off!! :O

The time it takes to get a bumper is insane, so due to costs it gets written off. Like Gok said, im sure that will be easilly repairable to a like brand new standard. Good luck with which ever path you choose though, not a nice experience, and a pain in the bum none the less.

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
Even if I go for an OEM bumper it will take an age and has the chance of being written off!?!?

G Man

Advanced Member
LiamGTR said:
Even if I go for an OEM bumper it will take an age and has the chance of being written off!?!?
Lets no panic now. Wait for the insurance company to contact you.

Benneh

Advanced Member
As it's her that has hit you and not the other way around, you should only contact her insurance to deal with this. Their insurance company must repair the car to the standard it was in before the accident and whether that is by a repair or replacement part, it should be your decision.

In the meantime, as you are without transport, you should ring her insurance and they should be providing a hire car for you. Your insurance shouldn't really be involved at all as far as my understanding goes...

dave7368

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
May be waiting a long time for a fresh brand new standard bumper buddy,

The time it takes to get a bumper is insane,
i waited 16 weeks for a new front bumper.