Car got keyed any suggestions ultimate compound maybe?

shanedixon

Advanced Member
Woke up got a scratch the whole length of the passenger side literally Iv got a da polisher will it be ok if I use meguiars ultimate compound or is the paint to soft for this don't want to ruin it ye scratch isn't to deep fingernail doesn't sink into it if I do use ultimate compound with the da do I just keep workin it til it nearnly disappears or just go a bit on it then buff off and go again advice would be mic appreciated

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
I'd ask at a paint shop first, if you're gonna keep going over and over it with a DA you might need to reapply your clear coat/top layer or whatever it's called

Modmedia

Advanced Member
In all honesty you will be fine with a DA regarding clear coat damage if you are sensible... it's a rotary you would need to be careful with - even then if you take it slow and a section at a time you will be fine.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
DA will get it out fine if you cant feel the scratch under your nail...

Ultimate Compound and a couple of passes should do the trick :)

As said before, I would only worry if you were using a rotary, the DA is so safe.

shanedixon

Advanced Member
I'm gona give it a go when the weather is decent hopefully il get it out just a bit unsure using it don't want to damage the paint

Croccy

Show Co-ordinator
It will be fine. I've machine polished my car with ultimate compound and the meguiars da polisher plenty of times. Normally do about 4 slow passes to get rid of swirl marks etc. They really don't take off much of the laquer.

Matt

shanedixon

Advanced Member
I just love the car that much I don't wana risk it but I will definitely give it a go as soon as the weather stays clear no point just yet as it's on and off raining constantly got loads of new products to try spent loads lately just need some good weather to give them all a try

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
I just love the car that much I don't wana risk it....
DA is really really gentle mate, I love my car too bits but Machine Cleaning is as easy as just washing the car.

If you are that worried though, just get a clean foam applicator pad and rub a small part of it with some ultimate compound and see if it removes it.

shanedixon

Advanced Member
its not very deep i done a bit by hand most of its gone tomorow providing we have good weather im goin to go for it with the machine iv got loads of new products to try but im just goin to stick with meguiars ultimate compund then run over it with some finishkare 303 glaze as iv used these before il leave all the new products iv got for my other car to try them out less risk

will88

Think yourself lucky, some urineed up little chav decided to slide a brick on my spoiler over the christmas holidays!! Least yours will buff!!

shanedixon

Advanced Member
iv got cctv outside my house as me and the old dear have both got half decent cars was just my luck that someone done it when i stayed out that night

shanedixon

Advanced Member
Got the machine polisher out today don't no what I was worried about done the trick ended up doin the whole car looks mint now took me 6 hours tho