car pulling to both sides ??? help required

P15UL T

Advanced Member
i need some answers......

I put my car into honda to get a service and mot and was told that one of my toyo's (front drivers side) was worn on the inside edge and need replacing...fair enough. so i bought a new one and put it back in for its mot and also the new tyre fitted ballanced and the tracking done.

i picked up my car that afternoon , great it was all done. pulled out the car park and put my foot down - fcuk me the car was all over the road, pulling to the right when accelerating and pulling to the left when you lifted the foot off the gas ??????

went straight back to be told that the workshop was closed now and to come back it the morning :evil:

arrived in the morning and was straight up on the ramps, the guy started to set up the kit and showed me that all the laser lines were where they are suppose to be ???

so why is the car all over they road.....he didnt know
i'll set it back to what it was at yesterday to see if that makes a difference. ..it did nothing - still the same

he then told me that the other garage has the state of the art laser alignment that came straighten up everthing and his was just a 3 grand system that done tracking

i dont mind paying the extra money that it will cost but would like to know why changing one tyre would cause this , and if it was worth paying the extra money to get all new tyres before this is done ?

is there any other things on the car that would cause this slip diff etc??

i have checked the tyre pressure and it is fine and there does seem to be a bit of shaking through the steering wheel when at high speeds

any help is much appreciated

cheers guys and sorry for the long story just wanted to make sure i put down all i knew

linzi94

Advanced Member
some garages will balance wheels to the nearest 5g, if you specifically request it, they will balance them down to 1g.

when i put my ctr wheels with toyos on they shook a lot worse thru the steering wheel on motorway journeys.

when i put the foot down the car's always torque steered out its wee head - and its done that with the original dc5 rims with potenzas aswell as the ctr rims.

my tuppence worth, now im puzzled :?

kingston

Advanced Member
So new tyre fitted and cars slides around.....

There is your answer :wink:

But ive had similar, when i had two new tyres installed to the front of mine (new tyres are meant to go to the rears btw) but i wanted to scrub the surface down quickly to increase friction = grip, anyway, went round a fast s-bend corner and the front felt as if it was on ballons just slid around everywhere!

So im putting it down to the tyre, where one is possibly getting more grip than the other which is creating the pull then as you back off, it becomes neautral again. If you follow me

Or its just torque steer and youve been driving the car like Ms.Daisy in the past

Ken A

Advanced Member
Swap the rear wheels to the front mate and see if it makes a difference.

Suped

Advanced Member
I would agree with Linzi, if the wheels are dead straight, then the chances are the wheels are not balanced correctly.

P15UL T

Advanced Member
cheers guys that is some food for thought

definetly thought the balancing was out

will put the rears to the front and see what happens

not enough hours in the day :?

dan the man

Advanced Member
its amazing what differnces in worn tires can do.

ive swapped fr to back and car was pulling different etc..

P15UL T

Advanced Member
swapped front to back tonight and it has stopped it pulling to the right , so will get the tracking re-adjusted to hopefully stop the drifting to the left

feel a bit better now :D

Cheers guys + gal ( you know who you are )

sherv14

Advanced Member
brand new tyres are definately very slippy - worse than badly worn for a 100 miles or so, so I put it down to that, a huge difference in traction.

I had 2 new tyre on the rear and for a while I could have easily got the back end out.