Car pulling to right under acceleration - why!?

weejase

Advanced Member
The car doesn`t pull constantly mate :wink:

What I meant was that when I set the wheel straight It makes the car veer right.

The steering wheel was spot on before I had the eagles fitted and now It`s off to the left :roll:

lockwood77

Advanced Member
Ah right, sounds like they've knocked something then, strange as if they didn't touch the alignment, it would take quite a knock to move something!

celox performance

Advanced Member
I've just taken my A048's off and put my F1's back on. With the A048's the car was pulling to the left but the steering wheel was slightly to the right. Now with the F1's fitted the steering wheel's straight again and the car drives in a straight line :D . The car had the geometry set up with the F1's fitted originally.

'Pro-Align' say that you're meant to get the alignment done again when you replace tyres due to the difference in height of the tread pattern and profile of the tyre etc.

weejase

Advanced Member
That`s maybe It then as my tread on my old ones were barely legal :oops:

How much does an alignment usually cost :?:

celox performance

Advanced Member
weejase said:
That`s maybe It then as my tread on my old ones were barely legal :oops:

How much does an alignment usually cost :?:
A 4 wheel alignment usually costs around £30-£40 as an average figure.

weejase

Advanced Member
I took the car to get a wheel allignment done today and they said that the tracking Is spot on :?

Originally when I had the new eagle`s fitted the steering wheel was off to the left :roll: I then swapped the back`s to the front and the steering wheel was a fraction off centre to the right.

I got the garage to put the eagle`s back on the front for the allignment and now the steering wheel Is back off to the left and the tracking Is seemingly spot on :x

They have advised me to have a 4 wheel allignment done to see If that will sort It out.

who would have thought having new tyres fitted would be such a hastle.

On the plus side they never charged me a bean for their time :wink:

weejase

Advanced Member
well I got the car`s 4 wheel allignment done and the steering wheel Is still sitting off to the left :evil:

Is there any way of telling If the tyres are the problem as the front of the car Is very squirmy going round bends.

It feels ok at normal speeds (30-40mph) It`s when I`m coming out of junctions usually In second gear and the steering Is on nearly full lock the wheels start to spin and slide as though they have lost traction.

I had better grip on my barely legal yokos :?

Last week In the snow I had to drive all the way home In fourth at 20mph as the wheels just spun and the car was all over the road :xconfused:

lockwood77

Advanced Member
My problem turned out to be a knackered driver side front damper, difficult to tell without the wheels off the deck though.

flex1984

Advanced Member
how could thay tell,did the weel with the damaged damper have play in it?

i got my car booked into centre of gravity end of this month,hoping thay dont find nothing wrong with my dampers

lockwood77

Advanced Member
Well, with the wheels dangling off the ramp at CoG, a firm push upwards with a decent damper will be firm but possible. It comes back down with an "elastic" feel to it. The knackered one is much stiffer and rebounds instantly, rather than "elasitcally".

There was no play in the wheel, no.