Car pulling to the right!

lockwood77

Advanced Member
Hmm, I had this when moving rears to the front and putting new tyres on the back. Down to the geometry settings and how the tyres wear.

If it had happened without changing tyres, I would be looking at bushes and bolts around the subframe, but it's too much of a coincidence, especially as the phenomenon has been experienced by several people.

Not sure I understand why you can't put the rear wheels on the front - how come you have different fittings front to rear!?

obizzle32

Advanced Member
It's abit of a hard to explain but I'll give it a go. On the rear wheel hub there is a plastic circular cup that helps the wheel sit in snug. Where my wheels have been modified it looks like the fronts have been machined slightly smaller than the rears ( the circular bit behind the wheel cap ). As a solution I could try removing this plastic ??? Hope this all makes sense :-/

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
the plastic ring to which you refer is known as a spigot ring, they are usually fitted to aftermarket wheels to help keep it central when fitting the wheel, im sure you will find them inside the wheels or stuck on the hubs, you can pop it off with a screwdriver the hubs are the same size front and rear , the car will be totally fine with out them or if undamaged just refit them.

obizzle32

Advanced Member
Brilliant I was abit worried about taking them off but I will do so tomorrow and report back. Cheers

Stoo

Whining.....
If your wheels need spigots to centralise them on the hub, keep them on.....

lockwood77

Advanced Member
I'd keep them on, but you should be able to pop them off the hubs and move them front to rear (or the other way round) so that the wheels still fit.