Car pulling to the right

Nickyyy

Advanced Member
So my DC5 is pulling to the right, it was happening when I got it and it was explained the bush was done, and it was completely f**ked!

Anyway, got the bush replaced but it's still pulling under power, I'm guessing the tracking will be way out due to the broken bushing?

Cheers :)

Edit noticed this is the wrong section apologies can a mod please move to the suspension section thanks

martinj46

Advanced Member
I had this, and when I took it in for an alignment it was discovered the lower suspension arm was slightly bent. Obviously it had taken a dunt at some point. £150 from integrastella and it was all sorted though

Nickyyy

Advanced Member
Cheers folks! The mechanic didn't mention the arm being bent, though if only slightly it might not be noticeable, the car is in storage over the winter so there's no rush to get it fixed. But will look into this

cheers men!

Nickyyy

Advanced Member
Thanks folks,

Took the car yesterday to get a full alignment done however this didn't fix the error, the car is still pulling to the right, I'm going to check a few things but I am unsure on how to check some of them

It's weird, when driving at a normal constant speed the car goes straight, also when decelerating, but when you put the foot down it veers to the right.

• Tyre pressures - Self explanatory
  • Tyres - I'm going to swap the left with the right as the tyres aren't sided to see if the car starts pulling to the left
  • Drive shafts - Anyone any ideas how to check these?
  • Shocks - Going to see if there's a burst shock although it passed MOT not too long ago
  • Arms - Anyone know a good way from checking these apart from a visual inspection?
  • Diff - Does anyone know any good ways to test the diff?
Cheers folks

japhead

id bet its an engine mount on its way out so give them all a check first happened me a car i had before checked everything else before i checked the mounts :xaiweb6:

Nickyyy

Advanced Member
japhead said:
id bet its an engine mount on its way out so give them all a check first happened me a car i had before checked everything else before i checked the mounts :xaiweb6:
Thanks mate

What mounts on yours were on their way out and also how did you check the mounts?

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
I had similar on my car, it pulled to the left, had the alignment done still the same, swapped the front wheels over then it pulled to the right.

It had cheapo tyres (brand new) so they where binned and put some decent tyres on.....Sorted.

Wont cost ya nothing to swap em over mate before you spend ££££......Worth a try anyways.

It was Tom at TGM did the tracking and said he had come across this before. Cant beat TGM for knowledge on Tegs.

Nickyyy

Advanced Member
Thanks lads again,

I bought a set of brand new tyres and hopefully that fixes it. All mounts seem to be good so only other thing is the diff I think :(

Ah well if it is it's getting a wavetech and a new clutch :)

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
Nickyyy said:
Thanks lads again,

I bought a set of brand new tyres and hopefully that fixes it. All mounts seem to be good so only other thing is the diff I think :(

Ah well if it is it's getting a wavetech and a new clutch :)
Did it get sorted with the new tyre's?

scotty_dc5

I had the exact same problem, it turned out to be tyres on mine. The DC5s are very fussy cars when it comes to tyres. Hope this sorts yours too!

Nickyyy

Advanced Member
Hi Folks,

got a set of re70's on today and the car is driving straight now so it was a tyres issue! So relieved it wasn't diff or anything. Now to start getting some mods!