Car ramp recommendations

andrewv4

Hey, with the summer coming up i am going to be replacing the rear engine mount on the car and I'm getting a bit tired of jacking the car up every time i work on her so i was wondering what ramps do you guys use when you're working on your teg? Also i have a pair of ramps in the garage but the teg is too low to roll onto them, Ive seen extensions on ebay but they look a bit thin and wasn't sure if it was worth paying out if they aren't going to make a difference.
Thanks

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
I'd rather use a decent trolley Jack than little ramps. Get terrified I'll tip them over lol.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

andrewv4

I do have a decent jack but it doesn't lift the car high enough for me and i tend to find the old back seems to go sometimes when I'm wriggling around under the car lol. They do look really narrow which has put me off but if it isn't the best way to go i might leave it and save myself some money.

Chewy

Advanced Member
I drive the car onto bricks or 2x4s to get the clearance to get a Jack underneath and then get her dropped onto axel stands.

I personally hate drive on ramps etc.

Best thing I ever did was sack off the Halfrauds jack and get myself a decent one that's low with a decent lift height.

MissMyDC2

Advanced Member
I use the ramps from halfrauds. They seem pretty solid. But there is no way of driving up onto them if you are lowered. I jack the car up then stuff the ramps under the wheels. I usually have to pull the wheels up by hand to take the slack out the shocks. I feel a lot safer on ramps but also leave the jack in there just incase.