Car up for sale....:(

Stylesa

Advanced Member
Absolutely gutted. finally had to put the teg up for sale. its up on PH, will get an advert on here soon. tragic!

Never thought i would succumb to the 'trying to get on the property ladder' cliche, but i have.

:xno:

jasondc55

Advanced Member
Hi Stylesa if you work out your mortgage with cash to spare you can tie it in with the payments and buy another. :huh: .

Stylesa

Advanced Member
Yeh, i would rather not have outstanding payments on a car though. end up just spending half your wages paying someone interest. a mortgage will be bad enough.

will just have to wait a while before i get behind the wheel of a performance car again.

tomwallington

I had a Pulsar GTIR before i bought my house. luckily i was in a good paid job.. bought a 2bed @ 22 year old on my own ... then it got too much so sold the GTIR and did a few years of driving a excrementter. then realised I could do both bought a Dc5 as wont be spending on it what i did the pulsar.

work it out after uve been there for 6 months or so and if you can do both, buy another dc5 :)

Stylesa

Advanced Member
property prices up here are just ridiculous. you get nothing for your money and with the way things are just now, generating a 10% deposit isnt easy.

never mind, needs must.

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Your doing the right thing though mate. It's the right time to buy and you'll be glad you did in about 5 or 6 years time. Property is at a low at the moment so your making an investment. A car is never an investment, just a liability. I feel your pain though mate its not easy but as others have said circumstances change. I don't know how old you are but in 3 years you could be earning a much higher wage and your mortgage won't quite seem such a big percentage of your wages anymore. You'll have cash to spare again then and you can buy another nice car. All the best with it matey

cameroon95

Advanced Member
Noticed your car on PH mate and im sure you'll sell it no bother at all, property up here is mental so I don't blame you at all.

firthy22

Advanced Member
the phrase: "you can live in a car but you can't drive a house" comes to mind!
Ye take the parcel shelf out and plenty of room for the kids to sleep in the boot :)

Seriously though, I know the dilemna you are going through, took me till I was 50 till I could afford a decent performance car. Money, practicality and wives all play a major part in the decision.

Shows how times have changed, at 30 I was working 2 jobs 7 days per week just to pay the mortgage and feed the family, no way you could afford a car like a DC5 or even a holiday for that matter. There was no maternity pay/leave or help with childcare in those days and women had to leave their jobs to bring up the children.

Anyway, enough of the histrionics, put the family first and buy another DC5 when you know you can afford it.

dotty

Advanced Member
Indeed I'm going to hate selling mine. I suppose getting an FD2 will ease the pain a little.

SimonJames

Advanced Member
I had an impreza when we bought our place it was my pride and joy but i could't afford that and the mortgage payments so i sold it, looking back it was probably the best thing i did as it was so thirsty

Stylesa

Advanced Member
had almost no interest at all. few emails here and there but no serious interest. :huh:

It will be nice to get into a place. and yeh im still youngish (just turned 25) so i will own another good performance car again, but it's depressing that it may be a few years down the line.

Put a lot of work into this car.....will be sad to see it go!

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
Do you own it outright?

If you do, id say SORN it and keep it off road, Folks drive maybe? not sure... but is it worth the hassle of selling it just to look for another, you know the history of this one etc etc :D

dotty

Advanced Member
had almost no interest at all. few emails here and there but no serious interest. :huh:

It will be nice to get into a place. and yeh im still youngish (just turned 25) so i will own another good performance car again, but it's depressing that it may be a few years down the line.

Put a lot of work into this car.....will be sad to see it go!
Try listing it on here?

Stylesa

Advanced Member
Try listing it on here?
Want to take some fresh photos. but it's been raining here for the last two weeks. pretty much straight. once there's a break in the weather. i'll get it properly washed and get fresh photos to go with the ad.