Carbon Bonnet

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
Does anyone know what the closest looking CF bonnet to OEM is on the market? Feel free to post up some pics If you have one, especially on CW dc5

gregb

Advanced Member
Varis 8)

My old car,really good fitment around the headlight and up along the wings and a direct stock replacement.
Buddyclub on my present car and i would say @15% less flush in comparison.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Mine is close to OEM, but with the vent, so guess that rules me out?

Sits a little low towards the bottom of the windscreen and gaps are slightly bigger around the sides but otherwise a perfect fit. Some places, like the front to the bumper, it actually sits better.

paul 16v

Advanced Member
i think if i was going to do anything with my bonnet i think i'd keep the std bonnet and get some lourves pressed in like on my old nova

although if did i had that bonnet done again i repostion the middles ones! as when it get a 2.0 16v engine in the water used to drip in and down the plug holes!! so made wet weather running a bit lumpy!!

eXceed

Resident Driver
paul 16v said:
i think if i was going to do anything with my bonnet i think i'd keep the std bonnet and get some lourves pressed in like on my old nova

although if did i had that bonnet done again i repostion the middles ones! as when it get a 2.0 16v engine in the water used to drip in and down the plug holes!! so made wet weather running a bit lumpy!!

No thanks, but
http://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/p921/ ... 53e3751d29
Could be made to work, especially if you have it above the intake (with something like the AEM/filter)

dotty

Advanced Member
Porthos, that one you found on google ended up on my first DC5 :arrow:

jay82

Advanced Member
i think the carbon bonnet looks cheap on a cw car in the flesh. but each to there own as long as your happy with the look.
think a little bit off carbon on bits is nice all the same.

thomsojf

Advanced Member
I Love those bonnet clips, how difficult are they to fix?
I so need to get a CF bonnet :-k :-k