Carbon Bonnet

Lukey89

Hi all,

I'm interested in getting a carbon bonnet, I really like the shift sports (buddyclub) one but it's just too expensive :(

So I was just wondering if you guys could post your pictures of your carbon bonnets on your cars so I can get some more idea's of which to choose?

Thanks everybody.

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Mines just a plain old OEM style from Seibon, still gets a lot of attention though as I think its carbon kevlar which gives it that weird yellow/green colour sparkle in the sun.

Lukey89

Thanks max, think I want something more then the oem style however I do like them, and think there a safe choice so might end up with it in the end.

Can't help but notice them beautiful wheels, love the red band around the outside! Expensive?

maxvr6

Advanced Member
No worries, i personally want a shift sports one too but its at the bottom of my list atm. And cheers mate, they're cheap as chips copies of CE28N's although not sure of the brand really, possibly Kyowa's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lukey89

maxvr6 said:
No worries, i personally want a shift sports one too but its at the bottom of my list atm. And cheers mate, they're cheap as chips copies of CE28N's although not sure of the brand really, possibly Kyowa's.

Nice one, yeah I really like them, might go have a search for them while I'm at it.

Lukey89

newyorkaddict said:

I've got a genuine Buddy Club that I got from a member on here.
Really nice newyork, I'm guessing your thinking of selling it right?!? :)

tico_87

Advanced Member
I also have a Shifts ports (buddyclub) bonnet :xgrin:

If its that bonnet you really want then maybe hold out til one pops up for sale. They come up for sale but very rarely.

Have you considered the Mugen bonnet?! (as shown below by CKH lovely dc5)

Lukey89

tico_87 said:
I also have a Shifts ports (buddyclub) bonnet :xgrin:

If its that bonnet you really want then maybe hold out til one pops up for sale. They come up for sale but very rarely.

Have you considered the Mugen bonnet?! (as shown below by CKH lovely dc5)
Have never seen one second hand come up and been scouring the forum for a year now. I think they'll sell really quick as well, so it would be a case of luck and browsing the forum at the right time. Fingers crossed I guess!

That mugen looks good on that Black DC5! I was looking at a Seibon mugen style one, then looked on google images and thought it didn't work on the CW DC5, which I was a bit gutted about!:(

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Theres not too many choices really, mugen, buddy club and max racing are the main ones, and variations or copies of them, i think oem style or buddy club are best on CW

tico_87

Advanced Member
Doenst look to bad painted in CW but if your like me then you will prob think it defeats the main fact of having a carbon bonnet. (Yes I know most will buy because of weight saving :p)

newyorkaddict

Advanced Member
I was very lucky picking mine up. Porthos lives not too far from me and he knew I was looking for one to match Mugen rep wing.

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
Mine is a mugen replica apparently, the edges aren't as sharp and protruding. Not sure of the actual manufacturer though

Lukey89

Mugen looks good on CW when it's painted, but I agree with you tico I want the carbon look. Looks good on the blue though tricker_luke! Just not sure of carbon mugen on CW...

Hmm.. Has anyone got a max racing carbon bonnet?

Thanks guys for all your pictures and help so far.

beppe786

Beppe
im looking for a mugen carbon bonnet as above like tico_87

anyone have one for sale let me know