Carbon Fibre Bonnet

alimujahid_dc5

Hey guys,

I am on the hunt for a carbon fibre bonnet HOWEVER there seems to be a very small market of companies that make them the only ones i can think of is Seibon who are priced at £750 which i think is a bit much and i think Buddyclub do one too?

Is there an alternative company i do not know about? Or could we get a group buy and get something from the states for reasonable price?

Cheers

Instagram: @alimujahid_dc5

Chewy

Advanced Member
Buddy club is discontinued so only available 2nd hand, and they never come up for sale.

Shift sports versions of the BC bonnet are available but make the Seibon seem cheap (Even in a Group Buy).

You may want to give some of the forum traders a shout, to see what's available.

ep3itrdc5

Advanced Member
unfortunately its what they cost. most seibon carbon bonnets are around £700, as said above, start shopping in japan for one and seibon will look a very reasonable price

Lufoli

TYPE R KITS , had one on my FN2 brilliant quality and I'm very picky 👍🏼

Jinis dust

Advanced Member
That's seems like a good price. Just depends how good quality the bonnet is...
Have you got any pics Lufoli? Also how long did you have it for?
Good fitment?

Justin

vinnie

Advanced Member
On eBay there was a dc5 being broken and had a carbon fibre bonnet, I messaged them and they wanted £350

mo-jordan

the one on ebay is my old car, thats a seibon bonnet i was going to break it would have gave you lads for £250 ;)

tico_87

Advanced Member
Chewy said:
Buddy club is discontinued so only available 2nd hand, and they never come up for sale.

Shift sports versions of the BC bonnet are available but make the Seibon seem cheap (Even in a Group Buy).

You may want to give some of the forum traders a shout, to see what's available.
From what I've been told the "buddyclub" bonnets were all made by shiftsports and then re-branded.

alimujahid_dc5

I think i'll wait out until another member decides to break their DC5 and sell the bonnets, do you guys know anyone who has wrapped their bonnets in carbon?

ep3itrdc5

Advanced Member
tico_87 said:
From what I've been told the "buddyclub" bonnets were all made by shiftsports and then re-branded.
indeed, shift sports are very good quality, but 110,000 yen plus tax, import duty, VAT and shipping. cost me nearly £300 to ship a bonnet from japan last year! yr man here wants it on the cheap..

tico_87

Advanced Member
ep3itrdc5 said:
indeed, shift sports are very good quality, but 110,000 yen plus tax, import duty, VAT and shipping. cost me nearly £300 to ship a bonnet from japan last year! yr man here wants it on the cheap..
Damn, looks like i got mine for a bargain then lol

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
mo-jordan said:
the one on ebay is my old car, thats a seibon bonnet i was going to break it would have gave you lads for £250 ;)
why didnt you put it on here then! lol

FireDance

Advanced Member
Lukeyboi89 said:
I've shotgunned that mate, awaiting more detailed pics before I collect it
I have the pics, been messaging him since Friday night when he posted it on FB & people tagged me in it :xlol:

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
FireDance said:
I have the pics, been messaging him since Friday night when he posted it on FB & people tagged me in it :xlol:
Fair doos.

Well he said he is too busy to send me pics... What a joke.