Carnauba based wax turning white cars yellow

beppe786

Beppe
been reading up on this Carnauba based wax turning white cars yellow/cream.. it is true?

what turns the CW even creamer over time..?

Strange but wanna know what can turn my newly painted skirts and lip slightly creamer as they are slight more whiter than the body

just being extra fussy about it.. i know theres good detailers on here.. any help appreciated..

dave c

400hp K20
Beppe said:
been reading up on this Carnauba based wax turning white cars yellow/cream.. it is true?

what turns the CW even creamer over time..?

Strange but wanna know what can turn my newly painted skirts and lip slightly creamer as they are slight more whiter than the body

just being extra fussy about it.. i know theres good detailers on here.. any help appreciated..

Never heard of it, surely its just because your paint has aged and the fresh paint is... fresh

My advice is detail the rest of the car then if that doesn't work get a better paint match and blend

Rom

Advanced Member
This is why you can't really just paint a bumper, or a door etc. It needs blending.

The yellowing is the lacquer dulling etc. Which is why machine polish restores it.

It's sandy common that plastic parts look different than metal anyway. Even on brand new cars you can often see a shading difference between wings and bumpers.

wj51fut

Advanced Member
I have this issue too. Fresh paint will always look brighter than 10-13 year old paint. UV and dirt, swirls, iron contamination etc these can all make the paint look dull. I have done all this to mine plus a light machine compound. Need to wax it with a white wax now. Will let you know if it's any better.

beppe786

Beppe
thanks for the replies

ill get the body machine polished with cutting compound to help bring the whiteness back

was hoping to also get something to tone down the fresh paint.?

Erm

Advanced Member
Its definitely the old paints clear coat no longer being clear due to contamination and UV damage turning it yellow. A good compound and then polish will bring up the rest of the car to the colour it was originally.

Anything freshly painted shouldn't have wax or sealant applied just yet. Give it a few months before putting anything on it.

Ben_brodie

Advanced Member
As Erm said, give the fresh paint a couple of months to settle in and then either machine polish the whole car yourself or get it to a professional who will also be able to apply a long lasting sealant to protect the paint. If you get that done I don't think you'll need anything to tone down the newly painted parts as the whole car will be the same.