Carpets and washing machines

alan-lee

Advanced Member
I done it.. Made them smell nice.. Washed them a little.. Best bet for stains is vanish tho

maxvr6

Advanced Member
I've put my red mats in the washing machine before and they came out fine, im pretty sure Dotty, Porthos and a few others have done this before with no issues. They're a bit of a squeeze depending on how big your machine is, and you have to kind of fold them in around the edges to fit, they'll come out with big creases in them but they fall out quite quickly.

Another thing you can do to try and get them looking new again is if you have a few grades of fine sand paper 1500 grit and up etc... you can then sand the metal badges down and get all the scratches out. Porthos did this and they came out looking like new, i havent tried it yet myself though.

G Man

Advanced Member
Autoglym Interior Cleaner will sort you out! Follow the instructions on the bottle, could even pop them in the washing machine after.

bennn

Advanced Member
Pressure washer worked pretty well for me on the JDM Mats I had in the EP3.

Ezza

Advanced Member
Mine has always been in the washing machine and had no problems. There was one time when i put vanish in to clean some oil marks but it come out pink and burnt :(