Cars hunting a bit...

Woppywop

Advanced Member
I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the weather but on more occasions than not recently the cars been hunting when stationary.

I always let the car warm up prior to use yet this morning it was terrible... the cars was hunting a lot, revs sitting steady at about 8-900rpm then this afternoon when I left work it seemed fine.

I just can't put my finger on it? Happen to anyone else?

Any advise/help is appreciated chaps :)

jonahdc5

Advanced Member
Could be your idle air control valve mate located on your throttle body might just need cleaning!!!!

donkeykong

Advanced Member
to let you know, i took that IACV off, broke the plastic nipple when i put my fuel rail on. Just closed the hole with a cap.
all that thing does is letting more air come in when your engine is cold, for a quicker warm up, when it is it does nothing anymore.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
it is very common for the IACV to give problems, they can stick and can be cleaned which sometimes works.

Woppywop

Advanced Member
Cheers for the help chaps, will investigate further, hopefully a quick fix then.

Thanks

Vtequila

Dutchy
to let you know, i took that IACV off, broke the plastic nipple when i put my fuel rail on. Just closed the hole with a cap.
all that thing does is letting more air come in when your engine is cold, for a quicker warm up, when it is it does nothing anymore.
And how does your car run now when it just started up, as in cold ?