Cars you would/have moved on to after the dc5

Type K

Advanced Member
Just wondering what cars you guys have gone for or would go for after the dc5 and why?

after getting back into a fast VAG the other day im contemplating if i should go back to one as i previously had an s3 and did really enjoy it.

davidpingu

Advanced Member
The main reasons I went for the DC5 were rarity, great driver feedback, the sleek coupe look, good performance to mpg ratio, rock solid reliability, affordable parts and servicing, usability as a daily and for carrying rear passengers and useable luggage space.
There are very few cars that can do all this as well as the DC5. For me it would have to be a 911. It can offer almost as many things as the DC5 apart from good mpg but if you can afford a 911....

Parts and servicing are more expensive too but comparable with BMW costs. An M3 is a close call but not quite rare enough for me to commit.

As I'm not in the position to buy a Porsche I'm quite happy with the DC5!

Linus27

Advanced Member
Difficult one. A Nissan 350z is on my list. A Honda FD2 is as well. After that, not a lot of cars excite me.

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Hi all.

I would hope to keep the Teg in the family if possible. Granddaughter/Grandson with some help towards the insurance. Hate to admit it but I'm having to look at sports auto or paddle shift. M3, Audi TT or Golf GTI.

Regards.

David_showerks

Advanced Member
I think the next move for me after the Dc5 will probably be a Nissan GTR or a Ferrari 360. Tho tbh id quite like to keep the dc5 aswell and use it as more of a daily as i wont be able to / wont want to drive the other every single day kinda thing.

Ive been putting of buying one of them for quite some time now tho once i get a house and all sorted over the next we while im going car shopping :xgrin:

beppe786

Beppe
teg is a great everyday car.. you can relax and do town driving like an Fiesta or give it some beans and it will keep up to an Mercedes C63 AMG

Best of both worlds

hope FD2 is the same or better..

Type K

Advanced Member
I'm not denying that the teg isn't a great car but obviously some people will move on or have and just wondered what came after or will and the differences.

Beppe I love c63 especially the coupe's but never knew a teg could keep up with one!
if it wasn't for the hefty price tag probably would have got one myself or a 997 turbo.

Dan34

Advanced Member
A lot of people have asked me what I would have next and every time I answer with "I really dont know" haha. As an all rounder the dc5 seems to be quite hard to beat.

Ideally I'd love an R35 next, but thats a long way off yet... however saying that I'm far from bored with my DC5 so I can see me having it for quite a few years yet.

Altecians

Advanced Member
If Toyota ever build the FT1 "Supra" Concept and it isnt too watered down its what I'd go with New.

MaxJ

Advanced Member
You cannot knock the DC5 as a daily driver, and so many other cars feel very boring in comparison.

The new CTR will be one to watch I think, although whether it will offer the same experience as the DC5 is very unlikely.

It's funny when people ask you what type of car it is too!

Type K

Advanced Member
i guess im one of few who like fast VAG's. most people cant seem to get over there dc5's and i already feel bored with mine within a month of ownership

dotty

Advanced Member
Type K said:
i guess im one of few who like fast VAG's. most people cant seem to get over there dc5's and i already feel bored with mine within a month of ownership
Each to their own and all that. I have driven an R32 golf and it bored the pants off me, it was one of the most soulless cars I've driven. Some people like them though.. Not me.

bennn

Advanced Member
Type K said:
Lots of people like fast VAG's just not many on here.

I had an S3 once and have to say its one of the most boring cars I've ever owned. Even the engine sounded like a dishwasher at least the R32 sounds nice.

I love my DC5 to bits and the only reason I'd consider getting rid is for bricks and mortar.

coconat

Advanced Member
I've made no secret on facebook that I'm considering selling my DC5

Several reasons- the main being that it frees up funds for drifting, will buy me clean widebody S14a and I'll still have money to put towards a deposit on a house early next year

That being said, I bought a Nissan 300zx randomly two months ago completely by luck/chance, and I hate to admit I've driven it 95% of the time ever since despite my DC5 was meant to be my daily, I also intend to start drifting with it but I'm keeping it road legal and can't see me shaking my desire to drive it every single day. I don't care if it's bumpy, or loud, or rough around the edges..I love it!

I never thought I'd find a car I love so much so quickly, but I hate to see him undriven and I would rather he goes to a home where he can continue to be appreciated

The alternative to a clean S14a was a black prefacelift..but we will see :)

Nickyyy

Advanced Member
R34 GTT or GTR depending on how much money I have

S15

PS13

Yellow 98 Spec DC2

Blue FD2 with Blue DC5 Recaros

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
Granty1056 said:
Hi all.

I would hope to keep the Teg in the family if possible. Granddaughter/Grandson with some help towards the insurance. Hate to admit it but I'm having to look at sports auto or paddle shift. M3, Audi TT or Golf GTI.

Regards.
Thought you was up for the new Civic R when it comes out next year Granty???

T.G.

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Hi all.

Interesting debate going on here. Need some input from anyone who might have owned/driven an Audi TT 2008 on. Preferably 2.0 turbo, failing that the 3.2 V6.

Regards. Granty.

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Topgeezer said:
Thought you was up for the new Civic R when it comes out next year Granty???

T.G.
Hi.

It could still be on. I could manage to raise the funds. I suspect it will be manual and that,s where the problem will be. Me legs are giving up.

Granty.