Cars you would have over a turbo dc5

Type K

Advanced Member
Just wondering what car could match the performance and spec of a turbo dc5. Id say a rough value of PFL with a turbo running around 350bhp would be 10k so what would be the alternatives for this price and which would you choose and why?

ste01

Advanced Member
I'd rather have any of:
Toyota Supra TT.
RX7.
S15 spec R.
...even a R34 GTT.

Just like them and wouldn't want a big power FWD

Javirai1

Advanced Member
with that much power going through the front wheels....how about changing to a 4wd car to help get the power down?? Thinking along those lines i would say an Evo perhaps.....??
220 bhp of the DC5 is pretty good and balanced considering its a front wheel drive, front engined car....
There are loads of guys running superchargers on the dc5 which produce a more progressive steady pull (from what i hear) which may suit the front wheel drive system better.....

Perhaps even look at an R33 GTR? think the R34's are still hitting 25k so the R33 may be a good option.....

beppe786

Beppe
RE Spirit said:
That's not really around the price range of 10k Beppe ;)
yeah Jono missed the 10k limit.. maybe in a few years ill buy one.. if i ever get over how a boosted dc5 makes you feel..

Guys you should try it..

mark type r

Advanced Member
I have a spec r S15 and it's brutal. I kept up with my wife's old 8MR but the Evo was a better all rounder.
The S15 is a little tail happy.

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Always had a soft spot for the E46 M3. - N/A power too which I'd rather although you can supercharge them too.

Think the rev limiter is comparable with the K20

This one is a dog aesthetically but its a beast! Looks a lot more fun than an Evo

http://youtu.be/_hMFB65wuZQ

Ok so it may kill you but I'd die happy :xgrin:

Type K

Advanced Member
think a few of you guys are missing the point. Im talking about a car that can perform similarly and at the price range of 10k.

The reason why a turbo dc5 is appealing to me at the minute is for the following reasons:
Its a Honda
Its not a common car and looks great
good all rounder
It can handle a turbo and if tuned right easily get the power down

what more could you want from a car especially with a power figure of 350-400 bhp.

im not a big fan of evo's or subaru's and the s15 is a alternative i have considered but they seem to be very expensive to maintain and parts also seem to be quite scarce.

G Man

Advanced Member
what more could you want from a car especially with a power figure of 350-400 bhp.

im not a big fan of evo's or subaru's and the s15 is a alternative i have considered but they seem to be very expensive to maintain and parts also seem to be quite scarce.
You've asked, we replied, now you're implying we're wrong and there is nothing better lol

Have you driven an Evo or Impreza?

ste01

Advanced Member
You should just get a Astra VXR, they are an over powered turbo FWD and shit so probably right up your street haha

Type K

Advanced Member
G Man said:
You've asked, we replied, now you're implying we're wrong and there is nothing better lol

Have you driven an Evo or Impreza?
No I'm not implying that I should have stated that is purely my opinion. And Yes iv owned a Subaru Classic was fun but I prefer the dc5 as a overall car just lacks the power

Type K

Advanced Member
ste01 said:
You should just get a Astra VXR, they are an over powered turbo FWD and shit so probably right up your street haha
Ha ha arnt you mr funny man completely missing the point I'm getting at.
I personally believe the dc5's only downfall is it is underpowered that's why I have stated a turbo one would be the complete car IMO. Ask the guys who have supercharged their's, they love them even more.

The only reason I have started this thread is to see if there is an alternative and so far I'm not convinced there is, once again purely my opinion and everyone else is entitled to give there own if they disagree.