Cars you would have over a turbo dc5

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
I still have that Impreza itch that I must scratch so it'd have to be a hawk eye for me

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
cjh1981 said:
Looks quality mate. Saw one today in Dover same colour but not as nice condition.Parked next to this a few months back.
Do you live in the North East? I recognise that car and it's reg from the Jap North East meets back in the day

Modmedia

Advanced Member
After haven driven one.. I'd say an NA one would be the only DC5 I would want.

However, for the purposes of this thread - I'd buy back my R33 GT-R if I could ever find it :(

cjh1981

Advanced Member
WKZ12 said:
After haven driven one.. I'd say an NA one would be the only DC5 I would want.

However, for the purposes of this thread - I'd buy back my R33 GT-R if I could ever find it :(
Any pictures?

Jones_XD

Advanced Member
I also have been toying with the thought of changing the DC5.

I fancy either a S15 or a EVO X

I personally think the DC5 is still a better drivers car if you know what I mean ?? the evo is probably right up there as well but then you got a lot more running costs etc my old man used to have a evo 4 which I used to love driving but god it would kill a tank of juice with easy and then AYO lights flashing everywhere. seem very expensive when fault occur.

ckh

Advanced Member
going turbo is fun but it just an expensive lesson and usually come back to a DC5 like me ;)

MrRy

Advanced Member
I've been in a lot but for real driving excitement, nothing came close to my dc2 turbo. I still miss it and nearly bought another dc2 with the aim to turbocharge it with the money I'd save from buying a dc5. However the dc5 was bought.

As the k20 has much more torque than a b18 I think a supercharger on low psi would suit it but these really don't need much more power in my eyes. Saying that my dc2 was boost by gear and 5psi was more than enough for 1st and 2nd. 8psi in 3rd etc.

However a car that provides a better driving thrill than a dc2 or dc5? I've yet to find one.. The Type R ticks a lot of boxes for its price point. I am waiting in 370z's to drop a bit more in price though...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

truupR

Advanced Member
I got to drive ginger's new turbo dc5. Think the last dyno printout was around the 440bph mark. Always imagined it would change the car completely giving it a generic turbo car feel with a short power band. It does obviously feel like a typical turbo car BUT - it really does feel like vtec on steroids lol.

Turbo spools up at 3k rpm and pulls like nothing I've ever sat in all the way to 9k. Its a truly terrifying experience but an absolute rush at the same time. Sounds out of this world too! Only gripe is that you've really got to fight to keep it in a straight line when you're punching it through the gears!!

OT: supra with a single turbo ^^ my dream car!

vkcs20

Advanced Member
For £10k...

supercharged dc5 (350/ 400 bhp)
evo 7,8,9 or STis ( std they range from 300 to 360bhp)
e46 m3 ( std about 340 bhp)
335i. (std about 310bhp and can easily get to 360bhp with just a remap at £400).