Cat 1 Alarm and Insurance

Ezza

Advanced Member
Some probably expect a Cat 1 before deciding whether to insure the car or not :)

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Hi.

I didn't get anything off for my alarm. I also asked if I could have something off for the car being garaged overnight and the answer was no.

The quote from Sainsburys was good in any case, so I went for it.

Regards.

Benneh

Advanced Member
Terms of my insurance stated that the car would not be covered in the event of theft should there be no CAT 1 alarm at least. Pretty standard procedure, but had to provide the installation details and certificate before it would be covered for theft.

It should technically make a difference, but I think it is expected to have a similar alarm being a performance car anyway. I'll wait to be proven wrong by one of the resident insurers though!

sky insurance

Advanced Member
In our case, it will not make much (if any) cost difference but in some higher risk postcode areas we do require cat 1 fitment.

coconat

Advanced Member
Brentacre required me to have a cat 1 thatcher approved alarm and immob which my importer had already done, I also had to send the certificate of fitting to them but this may due to my postcode

Unfortunately the installer of the alarm didn't write my reg on so had to get a new signed cert first, d'oh