catalyst

Hi guys again,

I was wondering if it is better to put out the catalyst from my dc5. I was told that if i will push the engine to its limits so it is better to put out the catalyst because it will let the engine to breathe better.
Is this true? If i put out the catalyst will i have any problems with the engine?

Erm

Advanced Member
You'll need the ECU to be remapped to see the true benefit of no cat. Probably need to get a K-pro and get it mapped.

Also need to figure out a work around with the oxygen sensors that plug into the cat, before and after otherwise the engine management light will keep coming on.

It will also be an MOT failure for a road car as the emissions will be much higher. Guessing you are in Cyprus from the name, so maybe MOT not so important for you as they are every 2 years out there.

It will be very loud if you are running a straight through exhaust.

Personally I'd leave the cat in place if its a daily driver. There will be many posts on this subject from people who have de-catted their cars with much more info than me so would recommend you use the search box and have a read :xyes:

DC5RS

DC5
i had the cat off for a while, dont know if its a placebo but i felt the car a bit more responsive. In fact after installing the cat the car was deadly silent and IMO lost a bit of response. No probs with the engine

bennn

Advanced Member
DC5RS said:
i had the cat off for a while, dont know if its a placebo but i felt the car a bit more responsive. In fact after installing the cat the car was deadly silent and IMO lost a bit of response. No probs with the engine
My DC5 has its Cat, but every other car I've ran a decat on has felt more responsive.