catback exhaust + engine management

katsumoto

hi guys

bought my car with a s/s cat back exhaust fitted. My engine management light is on apparently due to the freer flow through it.
have you guys had similar problems and any suggestions to remedy this,
the light is starting to get on my wick!!

oh yeah , where is the best place to get a 5zigen intake. :?

T666YPR

I wouldn't have thought the checklight would be on because of a cat back exhaust :?

Have you had the cat removed at any point?

You can get the air intake from Taka Kaira (very good people)

Look under "Performance Parts",then "5Zigen" and select from drop down list.

mugen chip

Advanced Member
if the cat has been took out or replaced then the cat sensor may have not been re-connected,, i have the same problem in my sir civic and i,m just too lazy to put the sensor back in mainly because i,m driving the beast..
but i noticed i have lost power in the top end from this sensor not been connected.... :( :(

tailslide

if u r running the the jdm k20a then u shouldn't experience the check light with the cat back, even if u had the cat removed. the only reason i can think of at the moment is that u have a particular O2 sensor unplugged while u are at it thats causing the check light to come on.

mugen chip, u should really think of running the civic with the sensor back on. in the absence of the signal given by the sensor, the ecu would have the tendency to run richer to prevent possible engine failure resulting from a lean mix since it has no feedback from how the a/f mix is reading, thus resulting in a loss of power. in certain cases, i have heard that the vtec may not engage as a result of the engine check light coming on! :wink:

katsumoto

got the wrong end of the stick again!!!
I think u may be right about the top end power have noticed some drop off at top vtec.

will get it all checked out

cheers.

BY the way anyone going to the ACE cafe next tuesday? :oops: