CEL Code 41

Tim J

Advanced Member
I was reluctant to post a new thread when there have been so many on this but code 41 didn't seem to clear.

basically, started up the Teg tonight ( tis been cold all day and been in shade ) so started her up, drove to the other car (10 secs) to swap child seat over and CEL came on.

Checked oil/coolant levels ( all ok ) and then drove like miss daisy till I got home and searched how to read code.

It's a code 41

Is this an O2 sensor(exhaust) or air flow sensor?(on intake housing)

BTW - car is std apart from air filter.

if it's air flow sensor, I don't want to spend ££ on the O2 sensor if it isn't.

Cheers

Tim

Mods - please delete if duplicate thread exists(when doing housekkeping)

paul 16v

Advanced Member
mines done the same mate, just ordered a new o2 sensor from dave a steeles hopefully that will cure it,

Tim J

Advanced Member
I can't afford a new O2 sensor at the mo so bought a 2nd hand one.

Weird though, once car has warmed up to normal temperature, some spirited driving and the light goes out.

:-k

paul 16v

Advanced Member
mines not arrived yet but ive done a few 100miles in mine and the lights not gone out so hopefully when i put the new sensor in the light will go out!

Dc5vic

Advanced Member
Tim J said:
I can't afford a new O2 sensor at the mo so bought a 2nd hand one.

Weird though, once car has warmed up to normal temperature, some spirited driving and the light goes out.

:-k
That's how it started with mine mate.Light coming on and goin out after driving.Now its constantly on :xmad: .Goin to get the cel code read out now so I know exactly which 02 sensor needs replacing then i'm contacting dave at steels.