CEL + gear + bodywork problems. My teg needs an overhaul.

anticlaus105

Advanced Member
I have a few problems that are starting to bug me and could do with fixing. I’m not very mechanical.

The CEL light has been on for about a year. Error code at service was P1166 = Air Fuel Ratio (A/F) Sensor (Sensor 1) Heater Circuit Malfunction (lambda sensor?).
The cars performance is unaffected as far as I can tell and fuel consumption is as normal.

I also have a developing problem with the gears. Originally it was getting difficult to change gear at high revs. Now it is happening at lower revs. Sometimes I have to fight to get in gear and occasionally have had a battle getting in gear when pulling out which isn't that safe. At the service (TDI North) they didn't report anything unusual (was a bit clunky changing gear but tegs are) and bled the clutch but it hasn't helped and is getting worse.

Finally my rear bumper needs realigning (and poss some paint work). Someone nailed the offside on a car park (tossers). When I came back it was hanging off. I have managed to push it back in but it isn’t perfect. I’m hoping it’s repairable but some of where it clips in was ripped apart.

Anyone got an idea whet the cel and gear problem could be and the likely cost to fix? Could this all be a job for TGM? It would be good if I could take it somewhere and get it all done at once. I live in the North West.

Oh....almost forgot. How much is it to get alloys refurbed/resrayed. Mine are wrecked with brake dust. Has anyone had this done?

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
On the gearbox side....

It sounds like you have warn out synchros.... that's going to be a Gear Box Out Job and replace these.... It's a few hours work.... I had mine done by Honda under the warranty I took out when I purchase the car a few years ago...

You could also try... simply putting in new gear box oil... make sure it's the Honda OEM oil !

Mike

Lcr Dave

tom at tgm was oing a gear box rebuild on friday, he was replacing a few bits in the box and said it was about £1400 to do it, :cry:

MattDC5

Advanced Member
Alloy wheel refurb will probs cost you between 40 - 60 pounds per wheel, dependent on quality i guess.

ollie-dc5

Advanced Member
I had 'air/fuel ratio sensor slow response' DTC come up on mine, which is the primary lambda sensor. Had to get new one from Honda, £140 ish.
Think synchros are approx. £150 each aswell. Not cheap!