Central locking/alarm problem

Char_x

Iv done a search on this and I can't find anyone else with a similar problem but I have a problem with my central locking that not started a few weeks ago...
When you open the car using the key fob, the car unlocks and when you get in, it used to automatically lock the whole car again...but now it keeps locking and unlocking the boot, just over and over again until you press the button to stop it.
It indicators also keep randomly flashing while the car is locked and they don't stop until you press the button.
I'm not sure what alarm is on the teg as it's just a little green key fob with four buttons but has no name or anything?

I don't know what to do to make it stop doing this..at first I thought perhaps it could be the battery was low on the key, any advice?!

G Man

Advanced Member
Sounds like you have a Toad Alarm.

Alarm problems can be down to various things, old/tired battery, break in a wire, loose ground etc. The quickest and easiest way would be to have an alarm installer or auto electrician take a look.

Ezza

Advanced Member
Sounds like a toad alarm too, you can switch off the auto lock facility but ideally you need the manual to tell you have to adjust this. On my cliffford i have 2 seperate buttons located in the car and i have to press them x amount of times to adjust my settings like auto lock, sensitivity range etc.

integraleo

Advanced Member
Yes definitely toad alarm I have one.mine is playing up at the moment too,new battery last year so hopefully not that. Mine started by alarm going off randomly a couple times in middle of the night and now if I try to use the alarm it goes off all the time,I need to get it fixed! Using the key to lock/unlock the car is very old school