Central locking not opening when cold

WayneCivic

Advanced Member
Morning guys
Just been to the 5 this morning and the locking isn't working when it's cold/icey
Anyone else had this problem?

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Yeah I've had it on extreme cold mornings too. Usually a couple of locks and unlocks gets the pins going again. Think the grease must stiffen up. You could also use the key first to free it up. :)

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
My key lock on my golf daily is a bit sticky normally, and really bad in the cold! When it's warmed up is it OK to spray wd40 in there to grease it up? That should repel some of the water too to prevent freezing?

mil1lion

Advanced Member
I get this too, always on the driver side which is exposed to the cold air. I park with passenger side alongside the house and that side never freezes.
Always have to remember to give myself space on that side in case I have to get in that side and climb over.

Ben_brodie

Advanced Member
Lukeyboi89 said:
My key lock on my golf daily is a bit sticky normally, and really bad in the cold! When it's warmed up is it OK to spray wd40 in there to grease it up? That should repel some of the water too to prevent freezing?
Probably better to put actual lock graphite in it .... Wd40 may stick to any dirt inside and make it even worse.

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
Ben_dc5R said:
Probably better to put actual lock graphite in it .... Wd40 may stick to any dirt inside and make it even worse.
I had never heard of that, brilliant mate nice one, only £3 will go and pick some up. Cheers Bro