Central locking

Gareth88

Advanced Member
Hey guys
Had the new teg just over a week now and there's a few little bits that I miss;
When you locked / unlocked my last teg the lights flashed... This one they don't? Obv it's no big deal but I'm just wondering why? Also when you start the engine the doors don't lock on this one... Anyone know why?
I wondered if its linked to this one not having a toad alarm fitted?
Cheers

ozzy147

Advanced Member
Sounds like it to me, each alarm system has different characteristics. Mine flashes and beeps on lock/unlock but buy like yours doesn't lock the doors when the engine starts and im on the move

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
You can change the lock characteristics via the fob by holding buttons to enable or disable the indicators flashing or the audible sound. Check the alarm manual for specifics on how to do it. Might be your alarm doesnt do that feature but worth checking

Gareth88

Advanced Member
This one literally has a plain fob with just the one button... I figured it was prob oem one. Might get a toad like my last one

Mark_teg

Staff member
Gareth88 said:
This one literally has a plain fob with just the one button... I figured it was prob oem one. Might get a toad like my last one
Sounds like my fob.. Does it say 'Autowatch' on the back?

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
the autowatch may not be programmable it depends on the model, sometimes the indicators are individually fed so could be a fuse too , it may need a wiring change

ste01

Advanced Member
Sounds like the OEM honda Central locking fob. I still have mine but don't use it because I've got a Cat 1 alarm fitted. All the OEM fob does is lock and unlock, there is no alarm or anything fitted if this is all you have

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
hmmm, after looking at Gingers car yesterday to fix his starting issue , it also has no alarm, just the oem honda fob to lock and unlock the doors, it also didnt flash the lights

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Mine flashes the side lights. Twice on open once on locking. I have a Hornet alarm. I guess it's just the way it's wired in. Don't think this was standard.