Centre Caps

Jemmy

Advanced Member
Hi all,

Can anyone point me in the direction of centre caps but I'm not looking for the standard plastic ones?

I got my wheels refurbed & they are saying when they do the plastic centre caps they won't match :( They didn't ave the centre caps the same time as the wheels so I'm dropping them back into them.

Is this the case though? Would they be hat noticeablydifferent?

Thanks,
Samantha

wj51fut

Advanced Member
When you spray metal and plastic there will almost always be a difference in colour/shade.

If they have your wheels and centre caps and use the same paint then that's the closest you will get I'm afraid.

Just so you know, brand new Honda ones are £20 each!! Lol

Adam

Jemmy

Advanced Member
Thanks for the reply, yea I thought there would be a slight difference but if I listened you this guy it will be a huge difference. So much so he's telling me to get metal caps to do!

Yea I did a search & seen someone commenting on the price, that just the standard plastic caps too?! Crazy money

wj51fut

Advanced Member
I'm not too hot on wheels but I'm sure you cannot get metal centre caps. Tbh Honda plus many other companies have sprayed their wheels in the same way so I cannot see an issue with it.

Jemmy

Advanced Member
Yea that's what I was thinking, I might just throw him over the ones I have & see how they turn out!!

Erm

Advanced Member
If you've got enough coats of paint on the difference in colour won't be noticeable tbh, well not enough to bother you

k20-outlaw

Advanced Member
I'd nearly bet that you won't notice any difference in shade or color of they are painted with the same paint.

Rom

Advanced Member
Ive painted caps with the wheels, literally the same paint in the gun as im doing them both. They looked different.

If your that bothered, they can try and faff around and match them. So if they look lighter, add a drop of black to the paint, white if they look darker etc. But this will mean painting them repeatedly, and the bodyshop is likely to tell you to get lost.

If you go to any car dealership, go look at the colour between the wing and bumper. It will be different. Ive worked on hundreds of cars, for multiple brands. Plastic just doesnt take paint like metal does.

Erm

Advanced Member

an extreme close up of my alloy and centre caps both repainted. You can make your own mind up how different they look.

civic17_99

Advanced Member
The paint shop sprayed my plastic caps after they got the wheels back from the powder coaters.

Rom

Advanced Member
I don't want to be down on anyone's car.

All I'll say is I can see the difference. But then not everyone has the eye for it. For example, I have a decent eye, my friend who was a finish inspector for Honda, made my eye look blind.

No close up, but clear to see. I will say, the wheels were not smooth like the cap was, and using metallic.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Rom

Advanced Member
Well, I just asked my gf, who thinks they all, including mine, look the same!

Oh, and in my defence...

I was selling the car, caps to fit watanabes were a fortune. So I made some, just because no caps looked wrong.

And the colour was from some wheel paint website, and apparently Rays Bronze!
That was it after I darkened it a bit too! It was basically straight up gold.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Rick_1138

Advanced Member
Just out of interest, I am getting my wheels powder coated in RAL 9001 and the centre caps on my old DC2 matched them realy well with NH-0 paint.

However I couldn't get the centre's, do you have a part number for CW wheel centres?

I had a look in the part numbers thread but it didn't seem to come up.

Paint matching is very subjective, unless its on a panel or a large area its often hard to see unless you know what you are looking for, I have OCD when it comes to stuff being 'right' on my car but even I realise you sometimes have to just accept it...even though it darkens my soul knowing its there hehe.