Championship Chalk > restoration in progress

chris cc

Authorised Advertiser
My new teg has no shine on any panels. Superdry matt paintwork.

So I couldn't resist having a quick go with my dual action polisher.

Gave it a quick clay with bilt hamber auto - clay.
For a car that's had it's paintwork neglected the clay surprisingly picked up very few contaminants

Considering the state of the paintwork, I decided to use Menz Intensive polish on a light cutting pad.

Have to say I'm pleased with how easy it was to start the process of restoring a shine to the paint.
Imperfections, like small scuffs and scratches to be looked at later but at least it's a start.

I'm tempted to leave it half done for Japfest tomorrow. :rolleyes:
Edit. Run out of time so It'll have to go as is.

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
Not a very clear pic Chris but what adifference its made..Well done,post up all the pics when you get it all done =D>

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
I have seen the car in person, the bit that is polished is pretty much perfect!

Good to see you Chris! :xcheers:

chris cc

Authorised Advertiser
BTW Chris,which machine polisher do you have?

Porter Cable, imported years ago from the states.

I think there's a few equivalent options (meguairs for example) available in this country instead these days.

Well worth the investment as they make polishing your cars so much easier.

Vindots

Advanced Member
I've got a championship white coloured (it looks like wax, polish, rubbing compound, = i dont what it is) it came with my dc5 when I bought it, it has a japanese character written on it. is that the chalk that OP used?

rascal69

Advanced Member
I've got a championship white coloured (it looks like wax, polish, rubbing compound, = i dont what it is) it came with my dc5 when I bought it, it has a japanese character written on it. is that the chalk that OP used?
I think you have got mixed up. There is no special chalk used. Thats him taking the mick out of the condition of this paint as it had no shine kind of chalk finish.

He used a light cutting pad and menz compound.