championship white dc5 owners

Type K

Advanced Member
I was wondering do other cw white dc5 owners find that their cars arnt exactly white and more a shade of cream?

Obviously its dependent on how the cars paints been looked after but as mine has the ings kit on it the shade of white is noticeably different on the car and the kit. Anyone had theirs resprayed since import?

integraleo

Advanced Member
Yes it's well known it's cream in colour.just park it next to a white ford to see the difference.

Erm

Advanced Member
Championship magnolia :xhaha:

In all seriousness though if you give it a good clean and machine polish it should get rid of the of the creamyness as the clearcoat will start to yellow over time if its not been well protected against uva and uvb solar rays. Much more noticable on a white car than any other colours. Another reason you should be using a good sealant under your wax!

RE Spirit

Parts Trader
Erm said:
Championship magnolia :xhaha:

In all seriousness though if you give it a good clean and machine polish it should get rid of the of the creamyness as the clearcoat will start to yellow over time if its not been well protected against uva and uvb solar rays. Much more noticable on a white car than any other colours. Another reason you should be using a good sealant under your wax!
^ that was what my bodyshop did to mine to take off the more creamy look as it was looking yellow like above when I had my old spoiler sprayed - it just looked completely out of place than the whole car :xaiweb3:

Erm

Advanced Member
RE Spirit said:
^ that was what my bodyshop did to mine to take off the more creamy look as it was looking yellow like above when I had my old spoiler sprayed - it just looked completely out of place than the whole car :xaiweb3:
People seem to forget that clear coat does yellow over time.

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Just to give you an idea. I've painted underseal on my car in white. There is a massive difference between the bootlid and the rear bulkhead.

Rom

Advanced Member
As said, its not a bright white to begin with.

Also, plastic looks different painted than metal.

Type K

Advanced Member
Gok (aka Chinese Adam) said:
Just to give you an idea. I've painted underseal on my car in white. There is a massive difference between the bootlid and the rear bulkhead.

that looks great, what underseal did you use?

im tempted to get mine resprayed in the future to make it fresh again

wj51fut

Advanced Member
I used a product called "Pronto Agrasheen" you won't find it on the high street. But other people have used the Hammerite stuff with good results.

Rom

Advanced Member
Gok (aka Chinese Adam) said:
I used a product called "Pronto Agrasheen" you won't find it on the high street. But other people have used the Hammerite stuff with good results.
Because you've made it up!

Does look like a nice finish though xthumbsup