championship white

fergalb

Advanced Member
lads im looking to get my front bumper and maybie bonnet resprayed due to fxxxxn stone chips but im afraid it will look off when its done ? has any one else got bits on a white dc5 sprayed before and does it look ok afterwards ?

oregato

Advanced Member
fergalb said:
lads im looking to get my front bumper and maybie bonnet resprayed due to fxxxxn stone chips but im afraid it will look off when its done ? has any one else got bits on a white dc5 sprayed before and does it look ok afterwards ?
I would think that it would be up to the individual sprayer who does the work.

Go to a reputable body shop that's recommended. You'll pay for it, but it should be perfect.

fergalb

Advanced Member
oregato said:
fergalb said:
I would think that it would be up to the individual sprayer who does the work.

Go to a reputable body shop that's recommended. You'll pay for it, but it should be perfect.
ya i have someone to do it just want to make sure the colour is easy to match

Rob.

Advanced Member
I had front spliter and sill re-painted and it looked a little brighter to start with but after a while it mellows and looks same.

Depends what condition rest of your paint work is like really..

Irish R

it should be alright to be honest. id it was the red or the blue version then it would be a lot more noticable but the white should be ok! but ya depends on sprayer also, always worth paying a bit extra for a good job!!

darquinn2006

Advanced Member
Jus be carefull with who you get to do it man

I had to get a back splitter sprayed on my old Altezza and i gave it back to them 3 times cos they couldnt match it with the white back bumper :xconfused:

chiefpulsar

Advanced Member
White is one of the hardest colours too match and i spray cars day in, day out, if its blended in properly then you wont notice it but the lacquer will be "fresh" for a little while

fergalb

Advanced Member
chiefpulsar said:
White is one of the hardest colours too match and i spray cars day in, day out, if its blended in properly then you wont notice it but the lacquer will be "fresh" for a little while
ya and championship white builds up a creamy look over time so new paint wouldnt have the creamy buildup :(

cpoh

Advanced Member
I had to get my front splitter repaired and resprayed this week and it came out perfectly first time, no discolouration between the bumper and it.

The only reason the white comes up creamy over time is if you dont treat the bodywork often. I used a clay bar on my CW and it came up like new!

MattDC5

Advanced Member
I had this issue when my rear bumper was sprayed. The rest of the paintwork was a little yellow in comparison. Was told that they'd have to use wet n dry on the rest of the car to bring the whiteness back.

alucardo

Advanced Member
Front bumper is will stand out to some degree after a spray ive had my sideskirts done and they are a little different from the door but as above its so hard to match but as long as its only a minor difference it wont be bad.

Cardiff r33

Advanced Member
if the sprayer is good and blends it well it wil be fine, if its not maybe get the old paint detailed to bring it up again

chiefpulsar

Advanced Member
Like i said it will look "fresh" but you cant help that, but as mentioned a good detailing will definatly help but if your going to have it detailed do it AFTER the paint work otherwise polish will play hell when the sprayer comes to paint it, hope that helps. O:)