Changed my Shocks

skengdR

Advanced Member
I was fortunate to get some dc5 shocks from a car that was imported and went straight to coilovers and since I bought the car in Feb It felt like the front shocks had seen better days .

Well , I finally changed the shocks last week and discovered that I had ep3 shocks on the car . Is this common ? Is there any advantage ?

The car feels amazing now in my opinion even though I am hearing a new sound now at low speeds , might try to record it and upload it here and fb .

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
What kind of noise?

If you had ep3 shocks on, you will have needed ep3 track rod ends.

Ep3 are smaller in diameter than a dc5 TRE, so that could be the noise you are hearing.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

skengdR

Advanced Member
Johngreen537 said:
What kind of noise?

If you had ep3 shocks on, you will have needed ep3 track rod ends.

Ep3 are smaller in diameter than a dc5 TRE, so that could be the noise you are hearing.

that must be it , its hard for me to describe the sound , its more like a clicking noise than a grinding noise . If it sounded horrible I would be more worried than I am .

Am i going to cause any damage by driving with it the way it is currently ?

thanks for the help

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
It'll have some play, be a nightmare to align properly and a bit noisey potentially.

As long as the castle nut is in place and a split pin, it'll be ok short term.

skengdR

Advanced Member
Johngreen537 said:
It'll have some play, be a nightmare to align properly and a bit noisey potentially.

As long as the castle nut is in place and a split pin, it'll be ok short term.

thanks again already ordered them just cant put them on for 2 weeks and the car is my daily