Changing Battery

D@nCeR

Advanced Member
I have to change my Battery on the Teg does it effect anyting on the car?

also will it have any impact on my Clifford G5? it should be off for less than 30mins..

Evs

Advanced Member
Shouldn't have any ill effects, it may reset the ECU but that's no problem. The alarm will probably go off when you re-connect the battery so have the fob handy to switch it off (they tend to be bloody loud with the bonnet open, especially inside a garage :oops: :lol: )

D@nCeR

Advanced Member
if it does reset the ECU will it change anything? not sure what a standard reset ECU is like?

but i know its gonna reset the Air Con on thing when ya try and demist the windows :p

Evs

Advanced Member
Not really, the ECU will need to re-learn a few things, car may feel a bit sharper for a while 8)

The other thing is the window auto-down will stop working, you need to hold the switch down for a few seconds to get this working again

redcap

Advanced Member
Changed mine yesterday.

The car seemed to feel better/sharper, thought i was just imagining it. :lol:
Window auto up/down has stopped but I'll reset it.
No alarm going off or anything and all seems as it should.
Need to set up my stereo again too. :roll:

combo

Does this bring on the engine management light at all? I changed the battery today to the Halfords HB054 as recommended and now the engine management light is on. The car is running fine but with my car up for sale it's off putting for the buyers.

Any advise is greatly appreciated

jay82

Advanced Member
combo said:
Does this bring on the engine management light at all? I changed the battery today to the Halfords HB054 as recommended and now the engine management light is on. The car is running fine but with my car up for sale it's off putting for the buyers.

Any advise is greatly appreciated
just take the negitive side off the battery for a few mins, to resset the engine light you might of just earthed something could be fine and check is the battery lose and everything is good and tight. you didn't get a code by any chace
redcap said:
Need to set up my stereo again too. :roll:
was just about to post this is a pain when the battery is disconnected :lol:

TimB

Advanced Member
my battery is k'ackered, so is this a straight fit repacement {Halfords HB054}, also the car sits around mostly now in the winter, so will this do the job and keep cahrge for 2 to 3 months?
:-k