Changing carpet badges.

Lewis93

Advanced Member
So as the story goes I'm currently doing a EP civic build and came across the mats pictured below on eBay, I haven't secured them yet but there isn't long left and I'm the highest bidder. They're claimed to of only been used 3 times to show the car and had paper over on the drive to and from the show, so they're basically new.

I have two sets of mats for the teg but neither are in this condition and as the EP is going to be more of a daily I'm wanting to change over the Integra badges to these but don't know if it's going to rip them/damage them? Too scared to just do it without a bit of advice!

maxvr6

Advanced Member
If I could find some mats for the DC5 in brand new condition I would jump at the chance, but surely these are tailored for the EP and wont fit the DC5? The holes in the driver mat are in the wrong place too, changing over shouldn't be a major issue though aren't the DC5's badges sort of riveted on? If you were to cut the rivets from the back of the mat the badges should just fall off, but then im not sure how you would fix them on to the new mats, glue?

Lewis93

Advanced Member
They look the same shape to me. Not sure about how the DC5 badges are stuck on but that sounds about right.

It's so annoying working away from home, I have to post threads like this because I don't have the ability to nip outside and check the things for myself!

I think I will end up leaving it if they're a different shape and I don't want my badges to be chip shop. I just think they're going to loose this condition quickly in a car that my missus is going to use as a daily and would prefer them to be in the teg.

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Well lucky for you I have a spare set of mats under my sofa and have just compared the shape. They are roughly the same but they wont be a tailored fit, I wouldn't get them.

Lewis93

Advanced Member
Thanks buddy :) looks like I won't be swapping the badges over then! I will have an EP soon though so I'm going to grab them anyway but it will be a shame to see them worsen.

Erm said:
I've got a set of new mats in blue, too scared to use them LOL
Haha they will be like gold dust in a few years!