Changing fog light

Lewis93

Advanced Member
Hey guys.

So my car is currently in the body shop having the Mugen style rear lip fitted and painted from Jono (RE Spirit) and I wanted the triangular shaped fog light to mount just behind the centre cut out in the lip.

This is one I bought from eBay. Can anyone give me help on what I'll need to do or how hard it will be? Thanks.

Brophy

Advanced Member
Copy cat not telling you 👎

kidding on...

mines is sort of jammed into place and with sticky pads as not much room at all to fit the mount it comes with.

Or I couldn't manage it anyway lol

Lewis93

Advanced Member
Haha. I will be a double copy cat once Pete has finished my wheel. I'm meeting up with him at Japfest 2 I think so he doesn't need to pay for postage and can show me how to change it over.

As for the light as long as it's secure I'm not too fussed about how it's held on it's more the wiring part I'm getting at, no idea about stuff like that!

TyperItr

Advanced Member
It should be very easy to wire. as you just use the wires running to the current fog light. 3 wires - Positive, Earth and remote turn on I would imaging. There may even be only 2 wires if the remote turn on is spliced into the power wire coming and coming from the dashboard switch.

I am not sure how to mount it though. You may need to make some custom bracket to drill into the original bumper behind the lip. I have been planning on doing this for the last year haha.

vtecpang

Advanced Member
If you search on RSX forum you'll info there... Loads of it
Connection should be a breeze or alternatively get an auto electrician

From what I can remember its best to fit this prior to fitment. You'll need to figure how to fit this. Fibreglass fit or very strong adhesive or glue. Owners have been placing mesh in front also for disscreation but each to there own

Good luck

Lewis93

Advanced Member
TyperItr said:
It should be very easy to wire. as you just use the wires running to the current fog light. 3 wires - Positive, Earth and remote turn on I would imaging. There may even be only 2 wires if the remote turn on is spliced into the power wire coming and coming from the dashboard switch
Awesome thanks. Will I need a soldering iron or something to connect it all back up or what?

TyperItr

Advanced Member
I wonder is there a LED light that is a small bit bigger to fill the whole area there. Going to go ebaying now

You may not. It is probably just plug on electrical connectors. that you will just pull off the old for light and plug onto the connectors on the back of the new one, as long as no power converter came with the LED f1 style light it should be as simple as stated earlier

vtecpang

Advanced Member
TyperItr said:
I wonder is there a LED light that is a small bit bigger to fill the whole area there. Going to go ebaying now
Alternative to the F1 style lights is the centre brake light from a CRV

Lewis93

Advanced Member
vtecpang said:
Alternative to the F1 style lights is the centre brake light from a CRV
What does that one look like mate? I know there is a guide on here to change one of the reserve lights into a fog light so if I'm having troubles I may give that a crack.

TyperItr

Advanced Member
scrawnban said:
Fogs aren't a legal requirement in ireland so why bother?
Its not a legal requirement but better have the fog light on with bad viability rather than having Ms Daisy drive up your arse cos her prescription glasses need to be renewed. Also (the real reason) I personally think it looks good.

also as my car is a UK car i have all the wirgin already done

vtecpang

Advanced Member

Lewis93

Advanced Member
Thanks for the links, the second one is quite useful.

The part on the first one about the lip melting isn't very encouraging though.

Kerv

Advanced Member
Install mine a few years back and it is still attached (touch wood). No melting!

Mine had 3 wires, positive wire, F1 blinker wire and permanent on wire. Just connected the positive and permanent on wire to my existing foglight switch. Done!

Lewis93

Advanced Member
That looks epic.

They definitely look better on the facelift models that's for sure.

tico_87

Advanced Member
I also planned to fit the fog light in that location, as a matter of fact I've had that LED light sitting in a drawer for over a year I think lol. Now I see quite a few people have done this mod I decided against it and fitted and different light there :)