Changing from aem to tegiwa air intake, will this affect my kpro set-up?

c7frw84

Advanced Member
I will be changing my aem long arm air intake to a tegiwa one this week, Heard too many horror stories about the long arms sooking water into the engine so looking to get it off asap, I have a kpro and was just wondering how much difference there would be in the running of the car? Cheers

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Nothing you'll notice. I certainly wouldn't be splashing out on a remap jus for that personally. Yes strictly speaking you'd need a remap for full potential but we're probably talking 1-2hp if that.

DC5_Bonson

Advanced Member
My car is K-pro'd and I just changed from Mugen airbox to Tegiwa Carbon box and noticed a good different from mid range onwards. I guess every car will be mapped differently according to spec but if it was me i would visit my tuner again to tweak the map for perfection.

firthy22

Advanced Member
My car is K-pro'd and I just changed from Mugen airbox to Tegiwa Carbon box and noticed a good different from mid range onwards. I guess every car will be mapped differently according to spec but if it was me i would visit my tuner again to tweak the map for perfection.
If you had a cold air intake with the Mugen, there wouldn't be much difference. My CAI for my Mugen box allowed 5% more air in and had to have the K100 remapped to increase the fuel ratio.

I'm sure it will be okay as it is but the Tegiwa and AEM will draw in different amounts of air at different revs/speed so a remap would be beneficial for optimum performance but not critical.