Changing Manifold's

ckh

Advanced Member
Hi all

Does anyone know what's the best steps to change the manifold?

Do I need to drop the subframe, I know the ARB needs to be.

Thanks!

petie180

Advanced Member
It should come out with no probs atal you just need undo the 2 o2 sensors split from the b pipe and then work from the top of the engine to undo the nuts that hold it on to the engine..it may even come out without touching the anti roll bar..

petie180

Advanced Member
Just take your time and you should be grand..the b pipe bolts and nuts could be tight pretty common but you need a 22mm spanner for the o2 sensors be careful not to damage them when you have them out..as for the arb I would try and take the Mani out without touching it at first

leejw87

Spoon Whore
If your splitting the cat from the manifold first you can take the manifold out through the top of the engine bay.. I found that easier as it gave abit more room to manoveur.

petie180

Advanced Member
If your splitting the cat from the manifold first you can take the manifold out through the top of the engine bay.. I found that easier as it gave abit more room to manoveur.
that's if it's a standard manifold his is a Buddyclub..I agree with you though I took mine through the top 2

ckh

Advanced Member
thanks all!

got it out from the bottom, dropped the ARB, didnt split the Buddy Club manifold either as i could.

:D

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
one thing you should do is a datalog with kmanager now you have changed the exhaust, there is a good chance the fuel map might need a tweek

DC5_Bonson

Advanced Member
Best to get the car on a ramp and do it. You will find it 10 times harder to unbolt the 2-1 section using just axle stands.

ckh

Advanced Member
Car not able to rev above 4k rpm the Rev meter starts flicking like mad if i try to.

EML is on, my Vtec is at 4k rpm too

any ideas? :eek: