Changing o2 sensor

Yella Fella

Nismo Wannabe
Anyone done this, as I know its a known issue for these going. I turned it off from kpro but now back to oem ecu, its back on again. TGM Checked this as confirmed it was the front first pre-cat sensor gone.

Not to mention they cost a lot from Honda! Are these easy to change then? Garage quoted an hour's labour and then some because its "Jap" they say. I just need to know if this is easy or not, couldn't find much on searches if someone can direct me on a particular word they used for this, cheers.

Erm

Advanced Member
if it was the same one that I replaced the bit that takes the longest is getting the car up on the ramp and raising it

unplug old one, plug in new one and you're done

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
yep, longer to raise car than to swap the sensor. 15 mins for the whole job,
i think you can only switch off the rear one with the hondata really, as the front is needed for idle and closed loop operation. best buting from honda too as the other brands have been known to not work

Yella Fella

Nismo Wannabe
Is it a fast swap job then? I'm assuming its a cable and plug? Easy to see? I've got a jack if that helps?

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
I'd advise buying a special sensor socket that has a cut out for the wires.
Just be careful when unscrewing/ screwing it in since the threads are soft.
You have the sensor, a length of cable then a connector.

mikegsi

Staff member
i wouldnt advise just using a jack and axle stands, the connector plug can be a pain to get at and will often be clogged up with stones you'll have to flick out before unclipping it, otherwise you may end up damaging the retaining clip.

Dont really need to buy a special tool as such. When I did mine i used my angle grinder to chop a cut into a full spanner head wide enough so the cable could go through it and still allow good bite on the plug.

Yella Fella

Nismo Wannabe
Anyone happen to have an image of where this is located?

I take it you can't see it looking at the back of the engine bay from the front of the car? I did try but guess its further down where the cat is, duh!

Stoo

Whining.....
Its under the car mate.

Lie down, passanger side of the car, and have a look at the exhaust.
You should see two sensors bolted in to the piping, with wires coming off them.

The one closest to the engine is the primary.