Changing to GEAR 5 ????

12uSS 2

Hi ppL jus put a deposit on my dc5 and i test drove it today :D very Nice
but theres something bugging me when changing to gear 5. When i changed to gear 5 it didnt go in properly, i pushed it to the right it went too far and didnt go in gear (eg. its like puting it in reverse but rolling)
isnt it suppose to lock so u cant go that far??

Because i drive a CtR and when changing to gear 5 it has no problems as it locks and cant push it any further.

Is this normal or is it a faulty?? :?

And is there anything to look out for when i buy it??
Thnx Russ

12uSS 2

white trung 8) wernt too sure at first between choosing the white and black, in the end i chose white.
How much did u get ur gruppe M ram for??
and wats ur msn or aol sn?? cant be asked to chat on dis forum like this

cfoster

Advanced Member
I noticed a fairly similar problem when i test drove a DC5 on Sunday. I put it down to not being used to the gearbox/gearchange. I still bought it and pick it up this weekend!!

Blimey, theres gonna be loads of DC5's in Essex soon!!

Chris

12uSS 2

where did u buy your car from and wat colour was it??
i dont think dat many is goin to be in essex until we start driving it around and ppl will be like :shock: wow i want that car . That gear thing is bugging me but still buying it :D jus need to see if its normal on other dc5 so i can tell them to fix it b4 i get it.

12uSS 2

oh yea was it GTC u went to ?? if it was man they got a big hse and a big garden :shock: u test drove the black 1 or white 1 ??
where abouts r u in essex ?

cfoster

Advanced Member
i bought the car from Nattcharles off of here. i did goto GTC and tst drove the black one, but it wasn't as nice as the pic looked so walked away. (more details in the 'what wheels shall i buy' thread).

I live in Rayleigh mate, about 2 minutes from the A127.

Whereabouts are you??

Chris

12uSS 2

Lakeside area m8 i heard u goin to USA soon buy a set of volks cen28 m8
from usa wats ur msn or aol??

cfoster

Advanced Member
lol!! Didn't know i was buying Volks!! But yes i am on my way out there in about 6 weeks!!! i have a trade account with a supplier over there so will hopefully get the a bit cheaper!!

My msn addy is fozzy__foster@hotmail.com

Cheers
Chris

12uSS 2

If u could chris can u help me get some stuff from there?

OK now i Still Need replies about the gear 5 thing LoL if any 1 could help much appreciated

Russ