Charged 0 to 60mph time?

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
Just interested on modified charged engines, what are you guy's 0 to 60mph times? when you have done the deed. Is there much difference, i think normal unmodified is around 6.5sec's to 60mph.

Has anyone timed it.

Or what are the 1/4 mile times of standard and modified? (proper track times of course) :)

T.G.

leejw87

Spoon Whore
Lets just say fast, although 1st gear is a right off now but i could do with better rubber :(

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
leejw87 said:
Lets just say fast, although 1st gear is a right off now but i could do with better rubber :(
I take your getting wheelspin then, what BHP have you got? I've just about got it right on standard power, still get chirps and a bit of slip from the tyre's though..... :xvtec:

T.G.

TyperItr

Advanced Member
I have timed mine once with an apexi rsm. The time I did it I had a passenger. I tried to launch it and got shit loads of wheel spin and went nowhere. Second time I rolled in first and shifted for second before vtec in first then planted the foot once in second and got 5.7 seconds. So if you can manage to get grip in first sub 5 is for sure possible. Stoo did you do half throttle launch in first or how did you get it off the line? I am presuming you didnt just floor the car off the line and got grip?

leejw87

Spoon Whore
Topgeezer said:
I take your getting wheelspin then, what BHP have you got? I've just about got it right on standard power, still get chirps and a bit of slip from the tyre's though..... :xvtec:

T.G.
Yeah 1st gear gets alot of spin, i never boot it in first as its asking for trouble really, im currently around the 340bhp mark, some better tyres would see a massive improvement in my grip though.

VooDoo

Advanced Member
leejw87 said:
Yeah 1st gear gets alot of spin, i never boot it in first as its asking for trouble really, im currently around the 340bhp mark, some better tyres would see a massive improvement in my grip though.
Booting it in first was the best part about mine haha

Jonnyteg

Advanced Member
0-60 times are pointless really esp in fwd cars, a better time is 60-100mph or 1/4 mile.

Has any one done a 1/4 mile (including terminal mph) in their charged dc5?

TyperItr

Advanced Member
I just did a run on my rsm and got 13.14 but as I said this is without using first gear cos of wheel spin. Get traction in first and it would be low 12 or in 11s somewhere I would reckon. I must also say that number is the only quater mile run I have ever done in it, and that was the same time I tried to launch it for the first time, so with practice it would be better im sure

Jonnyteg

Advanced Member
TyperItr said:
I just did a run on my rsm and got 13.14 but as I said this is without using first gear cos of wheel spin. Get traction in first and it would be low 12 or in 11s somewhere I would reckon. I must also say that number is the only quater mile run I have ever done in it, and that was the same time I tried to launch it for the first time, so with practice it would be better im sure
It would never get into the 11s or low 12s mate, my old turbo was around 300bhp per ton it was 13s due to being fwd.

What was your terminal?

TyperItr

Advanced Member
Well with a passenger and no vtec in first and the only timed water I have ever done, I think if it got grip and I had some practice you could knock off a second. You are prob right though 11 is a bit too much of an ask but I am sure it would get into 12s.

pulpmelon_r

Advanced Member
For the record the 1/4 mile times on those in car meters are horse turd.

They count wheel rotations to calculate the 1/4 mile distance. So any wheel spin shortens your 'virtual track' quite considerably.

Also going from a dead stop to 110 mph on the street is pretty retarded IMO