cheap ebc disks !!!

phil r

Advanced Member
just to let everyone know they have a ebc group buy on the dc2 forum my mate told me last night so Ihad a gander they are buying from www.lunarracing.com front disks for ours are just over £120 for grooved & dimpled , dont know how good they are though :-k :?:

jonster

Advanced Member
I really like their YellowStuff pads but I don't know anything about their disks. If changing disk from OEM I'd only consider ones with aluminium bells for the weight saving perspective (which gives you better acceleration, cornering as well as braking). More money but it's worth it.

num0021

Advanced Member
I used to have EBC grooved and dimple disc with Red Stuff pads on my old car and to be honest, I couldn't ask for more considering the cost. I was quite happy with it performance. They held up quite well in street use. At £120, I think it is a good price.

celox performance

Advanced Member
I've got them on my Smart Roadster with Ferodo DS2500 pads and i've used them for 2 track days. No signs of warping and they're very good quality :D . Saying that the Roadster weighs just over 700kg compared to the DC5 which weighs near 1200kg.

phil r

Advanced Member
Think my mate is buying a set for his dc2 as his mot is coming up & his oem's have just about had it good value for money I thought can see jonsters point of view though , seems to be alot of dc2 guys are going to buy with the red stuff pads as the combo ,( getting 40% discount ) :eek:

celox performance

Advanced Member
C&S Evo7 said:
didn't think they did them for a dc5 :?
They never used to. I phoned EBC directly and spoke to one of the technical guys there and he told me they didn't do them for the DC5, although some sellers on Ebay and a couple of other websites were listing them for the DC5 :? . It may be that you get given the incorrect discs so i'd make 100% sure that they will fit the DC5 before you buy them.

It may be that EBC have now brought them out for the DC5 but when I checked a few months ago they definately weren't doing them then.

Newty

Advanced Member
Not long had the Red Stuff pads put on my car...the claims of less brake dust seem to be a load of rubbish!!! Also, not sure if they 'bite' the same, although this could be due to having oem discs which are ready to be replaced with Black Diamond grooved (anyone had these?}.

LeeH

Advanced Member
Newty said:
Not long had the Red Stuff pads put on my car...the claims of less brake dust seem to be a load of rubbish!!! Also, not sure if they 'bite' the same, although this could be due to having oem discs which are ready to be replaced with Black Diamond grooved (anyone had these?}.

Yes and very crap.......

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
lots of people list them as they assume they are the same as the EP3 but they're not, do black diamond do them ???

thought they didn't either

neil_integra

Advanced Member
Why would any one want EBC discs?

I had a set crack on a 1.2 corsa. Then I thought I would try a set on a DC2 and they cracked. Not impressed with them at all.

Dixcelbrake

Advanced Member
If they said they don't do it for DC5, ask if they do it for 350Z. They share the same caliper :wink:

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
I believe the calipers are actually physically different (mounting) Dixon,
The pads are however the same.
The discs are different

RiC

I think they are offering for the Acura RSX Type S, they have the same diammeter and pcd but different offset so they won't fit the DC5R, I have heard many cases that people selling the RSX-S discs as the same as the DC5R but they won't fit 'cause the offset. So be carefull with that...

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
I think only the 350 shares the same pad the others are thicker.
incidently the leon caliper is the choice IF you want to do a big brake conversion on any other car, they are available as a radial mount so it means making brackets much easier.

Mark_teg

Staff member
Ok cheers. Its just Honda/Brembo cost £50 where-as Ford charge £££ ..