Check out my new Battery!

IntegraDan

Advanced Member
I was searching on here looking for info about batteries as mine is old and shash...!

anyway my instant thought was Halfords but I thought you guys are always in the know so I'll have a search and see...

and I read a few people had got them direct from Honda! anyway I went to Honda york and they said they'd order me one in for next day £15 cheaper than halfords!!

Anyway got my girlfriend to collect it today and I got home from work to find this baby!!

It's quite light as well (for a battery!!)

CJ DC5

Advanced Member
Type_R6 said:
That is the oem battery, got one myself from honda around 40 quid iirc 8)
I also got the same one few month ago from Bristol Honda, much better price over the high street, right way round as well for our JDM car, came with Honda box said "Made in Japan", but I think they made them at Swindon :-$

CJ 8)

blueguy

Resident J's whore
Thanks for clearing that up....
Was actually curious as to whether anyone had got a Honda battery that filled the battery cover fully i.e. A slightly more heavy duty one (I don't need a battery btw).

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
if you want a much better battery look for a stinger spv 35, from a good car audio stockist, the cables will need re-lugging but its well worth it.

blueguy

Resident J's whore
lol Lee, I must admit my wording was pretty poor.

As you will no doubt know the battery tray and cover is larger than the original Honda battery that comes with the DC5 i.e. there is space to put a larger battery which would fill the tray and cover completely. If I were to write what I wrote again it would've said.

Is that Honda battery OEM size that doesn't fill the battery tray completely, or is it a larger Honda battery that does? :green:

IntegraDan

Advanced Member
It's definately smaller mate. It's about a third smaller than my old battery, however with the tie screwed down it's never going to move or slide around, it's also lighter :D

LeeH

Advanced Member
Funny that the OEM battery is smaller then the tray :-k

Mine is a Yusa and its a perfect fit so I'll try and source one of them as mine is on its way out :xcry:

LeeH

Advanced Member
blueguy said:
lol Lee, I must admit my wording was pretty poor.

As you will no doubt know the battery tray and cover is larger than the original Honda battery that comes with the DC5 i.e. there is space to put a larger battery which would fill the tray and cover completely. If I were to write what I wrote again it would've said.

Is that Honda battery OEM size that doesn't fill the battery tray completely, or is it a larger Honda battery that does? :green:
I fully understood mate, I just wanted an answer :xcheers:

gregb

Advanced Member
E72 + Vat from my local Honda dealer :xmad:

Any Irish members recommend an alternative or source?

civic17_99

Advanced Member
When my battery had died, i went to Honda near me to get one, and they said that there was no part listed for the car, and that they couldnt get batteries for imported cars. So in the end i ended up going to Euro Part who supplied one there and then for £35.

Marpol

Advanced Member
jay82 said:
hey IntegraDan post the the honda part number might be handy to have
Part number would be great, My battery is starting to struggle in this cold weather! :(

dave kil

Advanced Member
gregb said:

I got mine in the local motorstore for 45 snots.

Edit: Model number is HB054 (thanks Blueguy)

wilko2010

Advanced Member
Rang my local Honda dealer in Waterford there today as the battery getting sluggish in the cold weather 155 euro + vat, what a joke!

ladykb

Advanced Member
i bought one yesterday £51 including vat from Eurocarparts.com picked it up within the hour perfect

wilko2010

Advanced Member
There was no way i was paying 155+ for a battery got one local there for 70 euro.I just think honda Ireland are taken the piss when it comes to prices.

gregb

Advanced Member
dave kil said:
gregb said:

I got mine in the local motorstore for 45 snots.

Edit: Model number is HB054 (thanks Blueguy)
Snots?they still take them :lol: .

What brand is that then?