Check your Shaft

Fez

Advanced Member
As some of you may know, my driveshaft snapped yesterday, and this is the second time this has happened to me in the exact same way. (First time on my ek4, last year)
Water gets held under the rubber dampener in the centre of the shaft, and then obviously over time it gets rusty and weak.

As you can tell its been rotting for a while.
This snapped just turning around a right corner.

Personally I would say to either completely cut the rubber off, or cut off the metal clips holding them on and slide it over and see what its like underneath it.

_BILLY_EK9_

Advanced Member
I see this on instagram yesterday, I had one snap on my ep3 under the rubber vibration damper also.

Fez

Advanced Member
I can't comment on the dc5 chassis as yet, but on my ek4, CRX and my h22 swapped civic I didn't notice the difference.
I will be fitting the new shaft tonight which doesn't have a rubber on it so i'll report back when fitted 👍🏻

subtronics

Advanced Member
I also had this issue on my CL9 at crimbo just gone. Went with a right bang, thought the clutch had gone. I could only afford a cheap replacement, and it vibrated like mad. Defo recommend OEM or higher quality if your replacing. :)

GIBLETS

Advanced Member
Hi Fez,

How long has your car been on the UK roads? Just curious as to whether this is caused by the salt we use on our roads and whether it could be avoided by a slight mod to fresh imports....