Child Seats

Porchy

Although this technically does not have anything to do with the DC5, the principles can be applied.
A little over a week ago, my ex partner was driving our daughter into town when she was involved in a car accident. Due to, what appeared to be an incorrectly installed child seat, we have lost our 20 month old daughter and have experienced something that I thought would never happen to me.

Please, to all those that this may apply to, spend a little time to check your child seats are secure, it only takes a couple of minutes and could save to so much more.

User

Advanced Member
Really sorry to hear that mate, genuinely. We have a two year old daughter, you must be going through untold heartache. :(

Will check mine first thing in the morning.

DC5-RS

thoughts go out for you and your ex very tragic indeed no words can make the pain any better.

i have a child seat in my dc5 also which i fitted myself have a 14 month baby old also. wanted halford to fit the car seat in for me but they refused to because the dc5 car is not listed on their computers which cheesed me off so i had no option but to put it in myself!

again thougths go out for you and yr ex

dan the man

Advanced Member
Amazing thankyou to u to actually write that and think of others when what has happened.

I hope she is laughing with the angels and in peace and harmony.x

I dont have any kids but your post has truly touched me.

Wardy7

Advanced Member
Many sympatheys mate. I'd like to echo Dans comments and thankyou for the courage to spread advice in what must be the worst time of your life! Hopefully your actions can help prevent this happening to anyone else on here!

Cheers
Wardy

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
I am so sorry to hear of your tragic loss..thank you for having the courage at
such a devastating time to think of others and pass on your advice...my thoughts and prayers go out to both you and your ex...deeply saddened..David

Suped

Advanced Member
My condolences to you and your loved ones. Very sad to hear that indeed.

And a big thanks for letting us know the details of the child seat issse. Very much appreciated by all. :D

ally_mac

Advanced Member
really really sorry to hear this mate, my thoughts go out to you, your ex partner and the surrounding family.

As everyone has said and I think I speak fo everyone on this forum, we really apprepicate you taking the time to tell all off us to watch out when installing a seat when its properly the last thing on your mind.

I personally do not have any kids, but I am going to be an uncle in 2weeks time, so i will be making sure my sister installs the babysit in her car correctly when she is going out

linzi94

Advanced Member
this is really tragic to hear and my heart goes out to you both.

it is indeed incredibley important for these seats to be fitted correctly, especially now with the new laws for kids up to 12 years old to have one.

our dealership has been supplied with a range of ISOFIX seats but as yet they have not supplied us, the staff, with installation training. of course the technicians know how to do it, but others are selling them..... and to be honest im not confident in fitting them.

i fear there are plenty places selling the seats but without propper training in fitting them..... hope im wrong.