chipping a xbox 360

mikegsi

Staff member
Nope, owned a few but never actually done one myself, just recently sold my latest one in favour of my ps3

Zen1

Advanced Member
I did mine when the hack first came out.
Its actually a dvd drive firmware upgrade so no modchip was required.

You identify the drive type, download the relavent firmware for it, connect it to youre pc and flash it. Takes all of a few minutes. Disassembly of the console is the most time consuming.

If youre not to confident how about this:> http://www.360upgrades.co.uk/firmware-u ... p-184.html

LeeH

Advanced Member
I want had my old one done but I don't want to get kicked off live :(

-Woody-

Advanced Member
I always thought it wasnt worth it. If copied or early release games etc are discovered you get kicked off XBL. If you dont go online then all good i suppose.

jay82

Advanced Member
thanks for the help lads =D>
i've been searching for about a month looking for how to do it. remembering doing it to my old xbox.

just one more question, my old xbox hard a hard drive installed into it and i could rent games and just save them to the hard drive, can this still be done?

mikegsi

Staff member
jay82 said:
i've been searching for about a month looking for how to do it. remembering doing it to my old xbox.

just one more question, my old xbox hard a hard drive installed into it and i could rent games and just save them to the hard drive, can this still be done?
No

jay82

Advanced Member
mikegsi said:
jay82 said:

No
cheers xthumbup