choice of three exhausts

mikegsi

Staff member
for my jdm ep3 ctr, narrowed it down to three, tried youtube for soundclips but not found anything, any input would be good, dont want a silly loud system, choices are

FEELS titanium system
Fujitsubo RM01A Exhaust System (stainless)
Kakimoto R Exhaust System (stainless)

anyone got any experience of these?

i wanted an amuse titan system as i had one on my dc5 and it was by far the best system ive had, unfortunately amuse dont do much for the ep3

Hancock

Advanced Member
ive had kakimoto n1 and now the regu 96-r. I must say the build quality of these exhausts are very good, not seen the others so cant really compare

deburr

Advanced Member
kaki all day long, they are as rare as rocking horse poo. My missis had one on her EP3.

MrHanky

Advanced Member
Had RM01A, nice system but far too quiet for me. Sounds much the same as stock IMO

Greggor

rmo1a any day of the week not too loud not too quiet for my liking m8 good mid range power gains all round good exhaust

Greggor

rmo1a any day of the week not too loud not too quiet for my liking m8 good mid range power gains all round good exhaust

mikegsi

Staff member
dotty said:
Do you want noise or quietness?
somewhere inbetween!!!

they're all good systems from what ive read on them, though i hear the kaki stuff is loud, which would rule that out, rmo1 is apparently a little louder than stock, and there's not much out there on the feels one......

im swaying more towards the feels one as its titanium, the sound clips ive heard on youtube are all on an fd2 though, but it sounds about right

there was a link to some exhausts on a dc5 but last time i tried it it didnt work.....

Hancock

Advanced Member
my kaki n1 was quite loud i think its 104db it did sound awsome though just a little boomy in cabin thats why i swapped it for the regu 96-r. 96db very quiet on motorways unless you give it some

deburr

Advanced Member
With the bung in and a gruppe m on the ctr she managed to get away with it at donny 98DB.

mikegsi

Staff member
deburr said:
With the bung in and a gruppe m on the ctr she managed to get away with it at donny 98DB.
dont want to drive round with a bung in though, ruins the look and is very restrictive..........

98db on static check is just a little louder than i want it to be too

pic of the feels one courtesy of bazza

looks right, just need to check on noise levels before i buy it

num0021

Advanced Member
I used to have the Fujitsubo on the EP3 and now I got it on the DC5. I can say that I never regret buying it. I can say that it is slightly louder than stock in all rpm range, so it is very appropriate for daily use. The stock exhaust system is way too quiet. This is definitely how the exhaust noise should be from the factory.

mikegsi

Staff member
orderd the FEELS one yesterday after getting the db levels off bazza

idle - 72db
6000rpm - 93db
wot - 102db

thats without the bung

just gotta wait for it now! though still waiting for the car to put it on!!

mikegsi

Staff member
saw a similar one a while ago which is the one id been searching for, has visuals of the system on the car too.

some of them seemed quite quiet from what ive experienced, however the j's 70 one was silly loud!!